Noicvation Summit and Logic Pro integration

Hi,

I have recently bought myself a Novation Summit synth. Amazing instrument :-)

I have connected the Summit through my MIDI interface out, to Summit MIDI in, and it works. But what do I have to do to be able to choose between the different Summit patches in Logic? Do I need to import some file, or update some configuration or whatever?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

The Summit will change patches based on Program Change messages sent to the unit. There is this article by Apple on how to set up Program change events in Logic.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgcp2158a633/mac

On the Summit on Page 6 of the MIDI Pages settings, you can adjust the setting controls for how the Summit handles MIDI Program Changes and Bank Changes. I would suggest looking over Page 42 of the Summit Manual for greater detail https://fael-downloads-prod.focusrite.com/customer/prod/s3fs-public/downloads/Summit%20manual%201.0.1.pdf

Patch Select via MIDI

Displayed as: Bank/Patch

Initial value: Rec+Tran

Range of adjustment: Disabled, Receive, Transmit, Rec+Tran

With the default setting of Rec+Trans, Summit sends a Program/Bank Change a message whenever a new Patch is loaded, and will also load a Patch when commanded to do so by an external MIDI.

76599172_Screenshot2021-01-06at13_50_01.png.19cbd26e5dda0c08d6f0d352491d6403.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for your very helpful reply. It helped me to further dive into this wonderful machine :-)

But what I actually asked, and forgive me it probably got lost in translation since English is not my first language, was how do I name the different patches in Logic. Just so that patch number 3 in Logic has the same name as on the Summit?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As there is no direct communication integration with the Patch names to a DAW you would need to label these manually in Logic, depending on the VST or Virtual Instrument you are using you would need to name and then save these patches accordingly. All of the Summit Patch numbers and names can be found on Page 50 and onwards of the Summits user manual.