My 2019 MacBook Pro arrived today

So far it's amazing. Been reading all the posts on upgrading, searching the web for thoughts, but mostly waiting for whatever came after the 2018 model. That one seemed scary. My older MBP's were on their last legs, no way I could hold out for some redesigned 2020 model. Needed to replace them now, before one totally stopped and left me in a bind at a gig. When the 2019 came out, I thought for about a week, then ordered one. Got the 15 inch i9 w/32gig ram, the 560X video, and 512 gig ssd. Just under $4000 with AppleCare. Thought hard about the extended warranty, but this will be my main machine, so gulped and went for it https://snaptube.cam/https://9apps.cam/.

Since I was upgrading from a quad i7 2011 MBP and High Sierra, this new one is quite the upgrade.

Went with a MBP because I need to travel with it and use it in my live shows. 15 over 13 screen because I'm old, and so are my eyes.

I considered buying something used. Considered going pc then switching to some other DAW. Decided to stay where I am. I like Logic.

My first few hours thoughts are ...

- it's thinner, and lighter

- the fans barely run at all on my logic projects. I don't have any temp apps installed, so can't say what the internal temps are, but it seems cool to the touch and dead quiet.

- I like the touchbar thing, lots of possibilities.

- the keyboard is different. Takes barely any pressure to type. Wonder if perhaps some of the issues with these is just people use to using more force on the keys ?

- Installed Logic, connected my Focusrite 6i6 2nd Gen. Drivers and control panel stuff installed and it seems fine.

- bought some USB C to USB A adapters and they connect my old gear up fine. Huh. If you go by stuff on the web, you'd never think that would work, yet it does !!

It'll take me a few days to install things and set up this and that like my old machine. Then to learn the new ways of Mojave.

Yes, I'm sure if I tried, I could load up something that would max this thing out, get the cpu red hot and the fans whirring wildly. I'm not interested in seeing at what point it will overload. Everything has a breaking point. So far it doesn't look like my projects will cause any issues at all.

I was motivated to post this after seeing the thread on the new Mac Pro. Feels good. Feels like Apple isn't abandoning us after all.

Ok, back to reading a lot and rarely posting :-)

Edited by Challa