Current best control surface for LPX?

I'm looking for a control surface for LPX, more budget-friendly and compact than Mackie Control, but one I don't want to have to fight to integrate with LPX or be driven mad with quirks. And preferably with decent quality motorised faders which will last a few years at least.

Can anyone share their experiences with alternatives here, please? Presonus, Icon, Behringer, etc?

I am quite biased. The Behringer X-Touch (full, not Compact, not One) is a very good MCU clone. Pretty much works just like the MCU. If that is too big then I would look at the X-Touch One.

I use a Behringer XR18 mixer, which the X-Touch can control as well - one button toggles between my mixer/audio interface and Logic.

The X-Touch is about the same width as the MCU - 452mm, MCU is 441mm - but the X-Touch is only 301mm "tall" vs the MCU at 444mm

I have been happily using the X-Touch for 5+ years. I have used MCU in a studio here in town and just don't like it.

How about an iPad (or two) running Logic Remote? That's a pretty decent option as well.

I gotta tout the Logic Remote as a very viable option for controlling Logic. All you need is an iPad (if you have one) running the free app on the same WiFi network as your host Mac(Book). I still want the SSL Nucleus 2 after working on a project with a friend of mine years ago, and I'm sure others have come and gone since it came out, but once that learning curve was conquered (thanx in part to actually working on and learning a 4000E at the same time), I felt like it didn't get in the way of the workflow at all. So hardware, SSL Nucleus...virtual, Logic Remote on an iPad with some real estate on it (my 11" 2018 iPad Pro serves me very well).

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I hadn't really thought about Logic Remote. although I was thinking more of physical controls rather than touchscreen. I may be cutting my nose to spite my face here but, for various reasons, I'm no fan of Behringer so prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I hadn't really thought about Logic Remote. although I was thinking more of physical controls rather than touchscreen.

I figured you might be looking more for the tactile approach...no worries!

I may be cutting my nose to spite my face here but, for various reasons, I'm no fan of Behringer so prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

...welp, Behringer ain't everyone's slice of brioche, but they have come quite a ways from their "one micro-step better than Radio Shack" days... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I figured you might be looking more for the tactile approach...no worries!

I will certainly try Logic Remote on iPad. It will be interesting to see how accurate it can be with Apple Pencil, rather than my bananas for fingers :)

...welp, Behringer ain't everyone's slice of brioche, but they have come quite a ways from their "one micro-step better than Radio Shack" days... :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me it’s more the “Hmmm. Interesting, that reminds me of...” aspect :?