Recreating Waves CLA EPIC with Logic's stock plugins

Go to solution Solved by Totigerus,

I started to make a mock up of the Waves CLA EPIC plugin.

I heard a rumor that the plug is a real CPU hog so I'm trying to make it in stock Logic plugs.

Should I change any of the outputs?

Here's what I have so far... in the picture attached

...also, what effect is the "crowd" effect?

I thought I heard CLA mention it was another slap, but a little longer than the standard vocal slap sound. Almost like a chorus maybe.

1274434044_ScreenShot2020-12-16at2_41_25AM.thumb.png.65ff7e8dd77a4397189b452f7651acfe.png

"fader 4 has Crowd, a unique CLA invention. This creates a series of increasingly longer repeats that diminish over time. It can result in a rich and lush sound, sort of like a chorus effect without the pitch smearing. There’s only one control, a slider that goes from Tight to Wide. It’s a lovely effect and a real highlight of the plugin."

"fader 4 has Crowd, a unique CLA invention. This creates a series of increasingly longer repeats that diminish over time. It can result in a rich and lush sound, sort of like a chorus effect without the pitch smearing. There’s only one control, a slider that goes from Tight to Wide. It’s a lovely effect and a real highlight of the plugin."

I completely agree.

When I heard CLA demoing the "crowd" effect, it was a pleasing and familiar sound, but familiar only from records I've heard, not from any effect I have ever used lol.

This is why I was asking if anyone knows how to recreate that crowd effect with Logic stock plugins.

Would I just set up Logic's Echo plug and adjust the time by milliseconds to taste?

I'm still not sure about the outputs of the bus effects either.

Do I need to route all of the pic's channel's outputs to a single effects bus?

I must be missing something.

Everyone in the you tube comments is going on about how difficult the routing in pro tools would be to achieve the CLA "EPIC" effect, but it only took me about 15 minutes to get there in Logic...unless I'm missing something...because I haven't tested it yet.

(At the same time as I recreate this Waves plug, I'm also finally setting up my ultimate songwriter's template so I can put ideas down fast without getting lost in mixing/sound design)

500802739_ScreenShot2020-12-17at5_56_02PM.png.e7475e44344039b5c00412c59a1bb160.png

...here's a pic of EPIC for easy reference

• 2 weeks later...