MIDI output help

Good morning.

I am hoping someone can help with an issue I’m having.

I bought an Akai Pro MPK Mini MkII, set it up, downloaded they software and tried to record a track. I can hear the chords as I play them on the mini and see the track that I recorded with the MIDI notes, but when I playback there’s no output. Is there a setting I’m missing for playback? The MIDI is on channel 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely the Akai though as I said like with any input, it looks to be recording with notes

Midi notes don't generate sound by themselves. They are just triggers for a software instrument.

So you have to have a software instrument track, like Sampler, Alchemy or the like to hear the sounds triggered by the Midi.

Good morning.

I am hoping someone can help with an issue I’m having.

I bought an Akai Pro MPK Mini MkII, set it up, downloaded they software and tried to record a track. I can hear the chords as I play them on the mini and see the track that I recorded with the MIDI notes, but when I playback there’s no output. Is there a setting I’m missing for playback? The MIDI is on channel 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Akai MPK Mini is not aa instrument in itself, meaning it does not produce any sound. It is only a MIDI controller.

So it can only trigger a software instrument in Logic, so the Software Instrument plays the notes you play on the keys.

You need to create a new Software Instrument Track, and then assign it to the controller and MIDI channel of this. Then enable it for recording or monitoring.

That should do the trick :-)