Any Nomadic music producers? What kind of gear are you carrying to produce?

I am constantly on the road (by choice) and when i find a place, perfer to rent a place and chill out to experience the cultures. Im in the mode to hang out in Portugal for a bit and I would like to hear suggestions on best gear to fit in a solid bag to travel with eg: interface, mic, laptop, cables, midi synth, type of bag etc. what do you carry with you?

so many variables, and not all of us have the same needs.

i used to travel a lot, and had a top-line 13" macbook pro. power is a good thing, but depends on what you're doing. simple tracks and a vocal? complex tracks and 100 vocals? if it's simple, the airs are nice.

always get the most power you can (ideally an i7 or the i9), 16gb ram, storage space.

i used crashplan (online backup), so i didn't need an external backup drive with me (i use idrive now, same idea).

the new akai mpk mini mk3 is pretty great, but if you're a true keyboard player, check out the cme xkeys (there's a 25key and a 37key model). get good headphones! or some small monitors (like the ikmultimedia ilouds). a focusrite (or similar) interface...

i never recorded audio when i travelled, just making tracks & mixing, so i had a pair of sennheiser hd650s and the apogee groove (an interface for playback only), the 25-key xkey, and not much more.

a lot depends on how you travel, how much you can (or want to) carry. i like to keep things simple, for me, that worked. have fun!