Best Macbook for mostly recording vocals?

Hi everyone! I'm looking into getting a MacBook for when I'm out of town and need to record vocals (I have a pretty powerful iMac at home). I mostly record vocals, and occasionally do use Logic's built-in software instruments. My vocal tracks usually have EQ, compression, a de-esser, and reverb. I'm quite the amateur when it comes to this stuff. I might use it for Final Cut as well for some more amateur 1080p level video editing.

I like the portability of the MacBook Air, but I know it's generally more meant for people who browse the net and what not, and that the fan can get loud. Would it be worth getting a higher spec MacBook Air, or should I ignore the Air altogether based on what I'd use it for?

If the MacBook Pro is worth it for my needs, what specs would you suggest?

Thanks everyone!

How much are you willing to spend?

As much as I'd need—I could say I'd afford a higher tier MacBook Pro, but I wouldn't want to spend that much if it never gets used for my purposes. I do have a maxed out iMac at home, and I don't travel too much, but it would be nice to have the option to work on my recordings when I do.

Then I would definitely suggest a 15-inch macbook pro with a quad-core CPU.

You can decide what year from 2012 onwards, based on the ports you need.

The 2012 non-retina were the last models where you could still change HD and Ram.

After that everything became fixed and/or soldered.

In 2016 they switched over to Thunderbolt 3/USB-C, so you're in adapter-land.

A MacBook Air should be able to record without ever lighting up the fans...unless you are monitoring your vocal at the output side of Logic (running all the processors live while you sing). Mixing? all depends on how many tracks and how many software instruments, etc.

I would certainly bounce the software instruments to an audio file and work with that once the parts are "complete".

But recording? I've recorded 16 tracks live from an XR18 to Logic running on a rev 2 MacBook (of course no fans) and not melted it down ;-)