I/O Setup Plug-in No Sound!

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an expansion device which is Behringer ADA8200 in order to expand my existing Apogee Element 24 audio interface.

I'm a guitar player and I have a rack system that includes some studio devices such as TC2290, DBX160a, etc.

Once I've recorded my guitar sound, I just want to add some delay using my TC2290 rack unit, that's my main problem here.

This is my currently setup and I already connected all the devices as below;

2127158230_Desktop-8.thumb.png.c116c1543c75bf788c720b5dc6138038.png

I'm using Logic Pro X 10.0.6 and this is my I/O Settings on Apogee Element 24.

As you can see I set the Clock Source as Optical, I also tried Word or Internal.

1220383346_ScreenShot2020-07-16at22_25_31.thumb.png.33fe6dde12ab3fcea8b7177709413947.png

And this is my I/O setup on Logic Pro.

1069283835_ScreenShot2020-07-16at22_28_53.png.a0184260aaa98d245d40f8a7b9a2eb22.png

When I play this channel, I do not receive any sound or any interaction on DBX160A. It suppose to be a loop between this channel and DBX.

923160995_ScreenShot2020-07-16at22_30_14.thumb.png.571a34fb3dee20f91bfe3dde1198b565.png

I'm quite new for home studio recording and actually stuck at this point.

I've tried a lot and I don't know what I have to do right now. Do you have any idea about that?

Thanks...

In your diagram you have Word clock going out from the Apogee to the Behringer as a Master. No need to use that if you're going optical.

Also, putting the Element as main clock source in the mixer makes the Word connection pointless.

Besides, the Apogee has a better clock than the Behringer.

You can test signal using an Oscillator to see if it reaches the DBX. Do you see the lights move on it?

@triplets

Thank you for the info!

I actually changed my Word Clock connection like;

Apogee Element Word Clock [OUT] ~> Behringer [iN] (Sorry for the diagram has a wrong connection)

and I set the main source Apogee which has better Word Clock as you said.

@JakobP

I've tried out with SOLO/without SOLO and nothing happened.

I recently watched a video on YouTube and there is a guy who has almost the same Audio interface that I have and he was trying to connect the Behringer ADA8200 like me. I realized that there is only one difference between us that he has 2 Optical Cable unlike me. So I ordered the second Optical Cable.

I guess if you want to use the rear outputs of Behringer, you also need to have a connection between these two devices. So, what I have now;

Apogee Toslink(Optical) [iN] ~> Behringer Toslink(Optical) [OUT]

&

Behringer Toslink(Optical) [iN] ~> Apogee Toslink(Optical) [OUT]

AND FINALLY, I GOT THE SOUND! but this is not related to the second optical cable!

I just disabled the "Analog In-Optical Out" button, that's it. :facepalm:

aa.thumb.png.b6ec1c70b3b94fcbe4c1e38c301e08a4.png

Thank you again for your help and quick support!

• 1 year later...

I think I have a similar issue .. I also have an UMC1820 hooked up to an ADA8200, and I think everything's cabled correctly.  The issue is that I can hear the synths connected to the 1820 just fine (when selecting that particular track and playing the keyboard I mean), but I can only get audio from the gear connected to the ADA8200 by hitting "record" in Logic Pro... Is it supposed to work this way ..?

6 minutes ago, gstoelen said:

Hi David,

I think it's all sorted now :) Apparently I had to set the ADA8200 as master... it was set set to slave before. But also the monitoring was a good tip, I finetuned my settings a little.  Thanks for the help!  We live to learn I guess ;) 

Oh great! Good to hear you found out what the issue was. Thanks for letting us know.