Have to drive hard Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 all of sudden

Hello,

Running into an issue with my interface that I've used for years without problems. Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 first generation.

All of a sudden all my inputs require a crazy amount of gain to get a loud enough recording signal which introduces so much floor noise that the recording isn't usable.

I've tried swapping cables (XLR and 1/4 inch jacks) as well as swapping USB cables from interface to computer nad updating the focusrite firmware to the newest version.

After updating my microphone gave me the levels I am used to for a few seconds before quickly dropping back to very low levels relative to the gain.

Anyone had a similar issues with focusrite that they were able to solve? While I would love to upgrade my interface, it's not in the cards unfortunately.

The first generation 18i20 is old enough that it could be experiencing power supply difficulties. You might want to contact Focusrite support and see what the can do to assist you. I only bring this up because my original 18i6 worked great for about 3.5 years, then became very strange, never really repeating the same symptom, but clearly not working correctly. After experiencing difficulties for about 4 months, and chasing things with Focusrite, the 18i6 finally failed "hard".

eBay for a used "spare"?

Some other interface that has the ins and outs that you need?