How Can I Make My Own Loops In Logic To Sell Without Getting Sued?

I am desperate to find help for this question I am new here today but I am scouring for answers to this, and have asked Apple them selves about legal side they just point me to legal team email address without answering anything much, all I wish to do is make my own loop packs and sell them obviously it can be done it's just in the most layman's term possible please how do I do this I can make songs and loops probably but I am told I cannot use a melody played with a single sound in the alchemy library as a retail loop on it's own so is there a way to combine them together is it the same as making songs just layer them in the creation window and export as a audio file .wav?

I would like also to provide one free to go into the pack at NOIIZ they are doing a coronavirus funding campaign right now asking for help by providing sounds to go into a custom loop pack, what better way to get your first out than to support that?

Any help here will be advantageous and thanks in advance.

Let me quote the relevant part of the EULA you agreed to (emphasis by me):

individual Sample Content assets may not be commercially or otherwise distributed on a standalone basis, nor may they be repackaged in whole or in part as audio samples, clipart, music beds, sound effects, sound files, sound libraries, stock animation, or similar assets.

What this means is that you may not press C3 on an Alchemy patch, record that and sell it. You may also not pull up "Drum Loop 1" from the loops library, record that and sell it.

You are, however, free to create your own compositions with any number > 1 of the provided library elements and/or other sound sources. And sell these, of course.

are you talking about, for example, playing a melody with an alchemy sound? you can do whatever you want with that, you're not selling the sound, but the melody, the performance.

what you can't do... take a guitar loop or something from the apple library and resell that. but anything you play on your own, you own.

Thanks guys I will try and do a recording of me rapidly trying to create some loop of my own and upload it in youtube and share the link if you could tell me if what I am doing is right or wrong please will be easier and thanks for all the help so quickly

Thanks guys I will try and do a recording of me rapidly trying to create some loop of my own and upload it in youtube and share the link if you could tell me if what I am doing is right or wrong please will be easier and thanks for all the help so quickly

We just told you what you can and can't do.

So you won't hear that well it's recorded off a phone at a distance but you may get the jist of what I am asking then.

https://youtu.be/LQfoFJiNWlU

https://youtu.be/bcjhS1U0KzQ

You may not press C3 on an Alchemy patch, record that and sell it. You may also not pull up "Drum Loop 1" from the loops library, record that and sell it.

You are, however, free to create your own compositions with any number > 1 of the provided library elements and/or other sound sources. And sell these, of course.

So you won't hear that well it's recorded off a phone at a distance but you may get the jist of what I am asking then.

https://youtu.be/LQfoFJiNWlU

https://youtu.be/bcjhS1U0KzQ

You may not press C3 on an Alchemy patch, record that and sell it. You may also not pull up "Drum Loop 1" from the loops library, record that and sell it.

Don't understand I have issues learning I don't even know what C3 is a note key for midi keyboard? What is a patch Drum Loop 1? None of it layman's enough for me to follow sorry. I can make songs but when we are talking C3 and a few other things simultaneously I get totally confused it's my learning problem, the best way for me to learn is baby layman's mate.

You can only sell what you created yourself. You did not create the one sound Alchemy makes when you pull up a factory patch and press a single black or white key.

That's definitely more palatable now, yes so the drone is not melodic it's a singular hold of a key and prohibited as is classed as a stock sound un -modified, , the next question is how I go about making such a thing as the drone note my self then with my midi controller in a way as for it to be allowed like I just played is there a method please to do just that?

This sounds suspiciously like you want to find the most easy way to get around the legal rules of the contract you signed and I will not advise you any further on that.

Also, if you want to sell something, anything, you need a thorough understanding of what it is that you can and can't sell, what is yours and what belongs to other people. If you have any trouble understanding that, you need a lawyer.

This sounds suspiciously like you want to find the most easy way to get around the legal rules of the contract you signed and I will not advise you any further on that.

Also, if you want to sell something, anything, you need a thorough understanding of what it is that you can and can't sell, what is yours and what belongs to other people. If you have any trouble understanding that, you need a lawyer.

I simply want to make loop packs wavesynth, space style packs etc etc etc and to be allowed to sell those without repercussions basically but also build packs to give me way more options in making music as I have out grown the library that is built in now I am no pro but I am no total beginner for sure. But the idea is to build commercial and none commercial loop packs without being flagged for copyright, to do it the right way most definitely, I don't want to rely on a library that doesn't any longer have synths and rumble drones and lacks wavesynth by producing my own packs to make my tracks completely bespoke and in time when I get better at it sell the packs in the legal way and make them to start with in the legal way to that's all. I just want to make my own sound library as in a huge one over time and be allowed to sell those once I become masterful at making them.

Listen carefully(!) to what Fuzz is repeatedly saying to you. The EULA is saying that you cannot take this library's sounds and directly copy into them another collection of sounds. "If you want to own these sounds, you must buy our library."

This is not saying that you cannot make musical compositions using these sounds: of course you can, and you can then do with them as you like. Whether you use them to make a pop hit record or a "loop," you're entitled to do so. They are now "songs."

Now, if I were creating a loop library, I would not content myself with merely creating it from "stock" sounds ... I would push the synthesizer capabilities much harder, so that the sounds that were in my loops didn't sound like the same ones that everybody else is using. "Library" sounds are a great starting point, but there's a nearly-infinite number of ways to create sounds that genuinely are "truly unique to your loop-product offering." And that's definitely what paying customers look for.

• 5 months later...

What I had meant is how to sound engineer for the first time with or without logic so they are owned by the creator one's self not logic copyrighted so they can then be imported into logic to use or bundle and sell was basically the idea i was aiming for as a total question, seems people do not want to have any competition in the space of sound design and usually charge to teach it.

I have a retail version of logic pro x but the only guide i found that made sense was one on youtube that to continue that course you paid for it on an external site that was a guide course requiring pro tools any way, but yeah nobody wants to share the process of making sounds from absolute scratch your self, they all just think morphing alchemy synths is designing from scratch or making loop packs but making loop packs in their scenarios isn't building the sound from nothing without alchemy mutations of existing sounds, I'm on about making complex synth sounds digitaly software based methods without the need for hardware other than a midi controller and a tool set to make them made for making them opensource.

I want to get creative outside of existing synth packs by making the lot by hand and ear on a laptop with a midi controller and mostly use them until i have a a knack for it then maybe only a maybe bundle and sell them as well as make tracks with them but probably just experiment making weird and wonderful tunes with them.

Well, actually you were asking specifically how to avoid getting sued while trying to repackage existing sounds and re-sell them as a library, something which is explicitly forbidden in the EULA agreement you are bound to by using the software.

Now you seem to complain that no one volunteered to teach you sound design for free. It's almost as if they tried to make a living from it. How dare they.

The process of making sounds from scratch is easy. Grab a microphone and record something. Anything. Except a live concert maybe, but these are rare anyway nowadays. There you go. If it's anything worth listening to (and you personally created the sound), you can probably sell it right there. If it's not, your choices are either keep recording until you get better at it or find better things to record (the market for cat noises probably isn't big enough to justify a library spanning four CDs), or process your recordings until you got something that sounds great that no one else has done to death before and that fits the Zeitgeist. That last part is where it becomes less easy, and it is not something that can be taught. After all, to be creative, *you* need to be creative.

I'm on about making complex synth sounds digitaly software based methods without the need for hardware other than a midi controller and a tool set to make them made for making them opensource

Then you first need to decide whether you want to create samples ready to load in any of today's popular samplers (Kontakt and Logic's Sampler spring to mind) or dive into synthesis on one or more of the myriad of existing soft synths out there and create presets for any of these, or you even dive into software programming and learn to code your own unique synth from scratch which isn't just a rehash of anything from the vast landscape of already established Spectrasonics/u-He/Native-Instruments/Arturia/Apple/etc. synths. Be warned, your synth must be *exceptionally* good to compete with any of these.

Then create the actual sounds/samples. People out there are doing just this for a living, so you need to be *very* good at this to be competitive.

Then find out how to package these into an actual product, find a distributor who is willing and able to tell the world that your product exists (you will have to produce a handful of videos that showcase your stuff to create some buzz) and then hope that people see, like and possibly buy it.

If you choose to make it open source, then you will obviously not sell it, but you'll keep pouring time, money and resources into it nevertheless.

Found out how now any way thanks the admin can close the thread or post or discussion which ever this is as I figured it out this morning found a tutorial and have already made one, I won't be selling them just making songs with them as it is pretty painstaking stuff modding them, they are existing sounds but they are absolutely morphed out of original sound into something totally unique so I am happy with that for now.

The legal position is actually quite straightforward:

• "Loops are there for you to use," any way you like, in your own compositions.

• ... but you cannot literally copy the actual loop verbatim, and sell it as part of your own loop library.

So, just "get creative" and produce some new, useful and interesting, loops that people would want to buy. There's always room for one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop one more loop ... ;)