Are HDD's being phased out?

I highly doubt trad SATA hard drives are being phased out en masse by all companies, there's still too many legacy users out there. More likely, your preferred model reached the end of its usefulness to Toshiba's projected customer base. I doubt it's anything more exciting than that.

I'm sure some companies are moving towards SSD only and that would make sense, but in my opinion, we'll still be able to get decent HDDs for at least another 5+ years.

• 11 months later...

So, I recently found out that my G-Tech drive, not only is a 5400rpm drive, but no longer responds when plugged in. I'm 128.3% sure it's the port on the drive, because it feels loose when connected to whatever cable I use. I tried different ports on my laptop, different cables, through the hub, without the hub, and two different laptops. All with the same result. It is still under warranty until mid-December, but I still have to get the data off of there. My Gold Touro 1TB drive is still chuggin' along, though...but I can't use that or anything else as a holding space for the 2TB's data until after the drive is fixed. One other thing to note: The Touro has been with me since April 2016; the G-Tech, just since November 2018.

Moral of the story here...? GET AN SSD. Don't waste time with these spinning drives. Let them phase out. Learn from o'darque's mistake. :lol: :lol: :lol: