In a mess with 3rd party stuff - HELP!!!

Hi, I've got myself in a right pickle this end and was wondering if anyone on here might be able to help me out. I'm running OSX 10.6.8 with Logic Pro 9 and, up until very recently, an Apogee Duet interface. Again, prior to very recently, the 3rd party stuff I had on my system was: '60's Abbey Road Drums' (with 'Kontakt 5' free player); 'Omnisphere' and a Waves 'Maserati' vocal pack. Everything was running okay (although I was aware that this Kontakt player was really zapping my systems power since downloading it - I was working around this by purging & freezing tracks).

Anyway, I got hold of this Line 6 Toneport KB37 MIDI controller keyboard / interface thing and thought I'd try it out but it's been downhill ever since! I took my Apogee out of the picture to try it and uploaded the bundled 'GearBox' CD software that came with the KB37 to begin with. I wasn't massively impressed and read that the free Line 6 PodFarm 1.12 software was a better option so I downloaded that. While I was at it, I then downloaded a free demo taster of NI 'Guitar Rig 5' to try that out too. After a session of installing drivers & downloading said software I then set myself up for a recording session to try everything out. Thing is, there's some really freaky weird stuff happening in Logic now! For example: I'll arm a track to record and it'll randomly solo another channel and change the pan position or I'll try to change the volume on a channel and it won't let me. Just a load of really random, weird stuff going on - 'ghosts in the machine!' To top it all off I've just gone to check my previously existing 3rd Party stuff and everything I had bar Kontakt/Abbey Rd Drums (ie: the 'Maserati Vocal Pack'/'Omnisphere') has disappeared!

Any thoughts as to what I should do here?? There's obviously some major conflicts going on that are preventing me from being able to record. Any help/advice as to what best to do here would be MUCH appreciated as I'm not great on the technical side and, as you've probably gathered, I don't really know what I'm doing. THANKS!!!

I'll arm a track to record and it'll randomly solo another channel and change the pan position or I'll try to change the volume on a channel and it won't let me.

That sounds like Logic is receiving MIDI messages from a connected MIDI device (Logic' s faders, mute and solo buttons, and pan pots respond to MIDI CC's).

You could download the free Snoize MIDI Monitor to see what's coming into the computer from your MIDI-capable devices:

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

To top it all off I've just gone to check my previously existing 3rd Party stuff and everything I had bar Kontakt/Abbey Rd Drums (ie: the 'Maserati Vocal Pack'/'Omnisphere') has disappeared!

Disappeared from where? Logic or your hard drive?

J.