Playhead/Position Line Missing, Logic Pro X

mkre9319
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. It just started yesterday. I have a Mac 10.8.4 2 x 2.8 gighz quad core 8gb ram Logic ProX 10.0.1

In trying to locate it I now have an area at the bottom of my screen which the quick help is telling me is a Workspace and there is a playhead at the bottom of the screen in this area looks like it's for editing. At the top in my real workspace area that shows the tracks there is no playhead and It's difficult to keep track unless I'm constantly watching the beats/position display

• 1 month later...
I get the randomly disappearing playhead also, It happens mostly when I change screenset. I have to switch back and forth between screensets to get the playhead back And yes I have the catch button enabled in all my screensets.

It's a bug that needs fixing though - we shouldn't have to do this just to have the playhead :evil:

Logic 10.0.3

OS 10.8.4

• 4 years later...
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am running Logic Pro X 10.3.2, on Sierra 10.12.6 and have found this problem still is alive and well.  I tend to produce mostly on the go, and am switching a lot back and forth between the main window and a full the Editor.  I just rebooted and it went away, but this is a really silly issue to have to deal with.  

• 1 month later...
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am running Logic Pro X 10.3.2, on Sierra 10.12.6 and have found this problem still is alive and well.  I tend to produce mostly on the go, and am switching a lot back and forth between the main window and a full the Editor.  I just rebooted and it went away, but this is a really silly issue to have to deal with.  

Similar issue here. Every time I drag an audio file from Finder to Logic, the playhead disappears in the arrangement window and the only way to get it back is to restart Logic. I'm running the latest version of both macOS and Logic.

Did you try opening a new Main window or pressing 1 on the keyboard to go to screenset 1?

Just now and it actually solved the problem. Thank you!

EDIT: Just to clarify for anyone having the same issue, just pressing 1 on keyboard solved it for me.

Edited by matronator

• 2 years later...
I upgraded my iMac to Catalina, and updated Logic Pro X to 15.0. Yesterday before the update the playhead cursor was acting strangely, sticking and not responding properly. The cursor line was disjointed with a different position. Then today, no cursor on any of my projects. I've checked the catch button, pressed the 1 key, re-installed Logic Pro and tried everything on this thread with no result including 2 restarts. Anyone had the same problem and solved it?

Hello All,

i am having the same problem with Catalina upgrade from Mojave OS.

I have 64 gb of ram and after upgrade we cannot see the cursor position.

When play is pressed the cursor position is delayed and jumps then disappears.

- When we are using Logic Pro X 10.4.8 with cursor jumping

- After Upgrade to Logic Pro X 15 and the cursor is totally missing now

- Catch mode is enabled

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem after I Upgrade to macOS Big Sur And Logic Pro 10.6 which is no longer X!!!

I don't know either It's because of macOS upgrade or the Logic Pro, cause the two has happened at the same time.

The f$@%ing playhead just disappeared from my Application. Now I don't know what to do ?

I tried the numbers (Screenset), restart, Catch Playhead, Change all the preferences I previously changed, totally wiped out all of the Sound Library I've downloaded recently (It was 45 GB), and of course nothing has changed for this matter!

What the f*%@ should I do now?!

• 1 month later...
How much you want to bet Apple did this on purpose.

If there were a way to prove it, I'd bet you everything you own, because that's just stupid and there's no way thy would ever do anything like that. There's not even a logical point to doing it… but I get the sense you're letting out some frustration, so I guess there's that.