How do you automate MIDI cc data?

alexfsu

You just record it the same way you would record MIDI notes: press record, tweak, it creates a MIDI region.

if I press record and move that MIDI knob I have assigned to two EQs, I don't get a green MIDI block as a result....if I use "touch" I can see the automation from the two EQs, but how do I have it so I can just draw one line of automation for the MIDI knob that I have the two EQs assigned to?

Edited by alexfsu

Ok so if you've already assigned the knobs to something with your controller assignments in Logic, then you need to record the automation of the parameter. Set that track's automation mode to Latch or Touch, press play and tweak.

I still get all parameters of automation. Is there a way to just control the CC itself?

697662273_ScreenShot2012-09-15at2_12.01AM(2).thumb.png.47fb9ed51808d7548f0895abde2d4c57.png

You'll have to record two parameters, you can't just control them from one parameter.

Otherwise you have to use the environment, patch a single fader into the two channel strips, and create a new track for that fader so you can record its movements.

I hate to be a nuisance, but I only have one channel strip, which the two parameters are on...

You'll have to record two parameters, you can't just control them from one parameter.

Otherwise you have to use the environment, patch a single fader into the two channel strips, and create a new track for that fader so you can record its movements.

I hate to be a nuisance, but I only have one channel strip, which the two parameters are on...

this is where I'm at

1382455447_ScreenShot2012-09-15at2_33.22AM(2).thumb.png.ff98b41f8d6476ee00096a5300a2761a.png

Right now you have cabled the channel strip into the fader ..... it's the other way around: The fader has to send one type of events, be cabled into a transformer that will copy and transform those events into the second type of event, then the transformer is cabled into the channel strip.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2012-09-15 at 1.45.07 AM.png[/attachment]

ok i got that, but now the fader just controls the channel volume. how do I have it control MIDI cc from that knob that has those parameters assigned to it?