Automate performance setting?

claesbjo

Hi, I wonder if it is possible to automate loading of different channel strip "performances" for different channel strips?

I know it would interrupt audio playback, but it doesn´t matter for my purposes.

I can change performance setting by sending program change from a keyboard, but how do I do that inside Logic? I tried to pencil in prg change in a midi region put on the track of the channelstrip, but it didn´t seem to do anything..

Any ideas? I´m sure it has got to do with midi and environment, but I´m crap at all that :)

Thanks a lot

In OSX Audio MIDI Setup, create an IAC bus. In Logics environment, Input, cable the bus to a monitor object. Create a new Instrrument object that targets the IAC bus channel 1. Drag the object to the arrange to create a track. Sequence program changes on that track. Those will now affect the selected track while playing back.

In OSX Audio MIDI Setup, create an IAC bus. In Logics environment, Input, cable the bus to a monitor object. Create a new Instrrument object that targets the IAC bus channel 1. Drag the object to the arrange to create a track. Sequence program changes on that track. Those will now affect the selected track while playing back.

Thanks, that works! However, it seems you need to select a(one) track for it to work. I would need to do it for several tracks, load different performances for different tracks. Is that possible?

cheers

Hi, trying to do program change for a channel strip with an environment fader that is set to output PrgChange.

But it´s not working..

If I connect my master keyboard to the channel strip it works, but not by connecting the fader. The monitor I put before the channel strip shows the same data coming from both, but it only changes performance setting when the change comes from the master keyboard.

What am I missing?

Cheers

1260836653_WithFader.jpg.3d00a3cc5a59266b274274028c3f0dd7.jpg

this is with the fader= no go

778122293_WithKeyboard.jpg.df8d7bbb59440a6299c49ac24d92514f.jpg

this is with the keyboard=good

You're correct: for performance settings to be selected you need to send Program Change events to the input of Logic, and not directly to the concerned channel strip.

A workaround if you want to generate your PC event in Logic is to send it to an IAC bus, that way Logic will receive it at its input. Let me know if you need help with that?

You're correct: for performance settings to be selected you need to send Program Change events to the input of Logic, and not directly to the concerned channel strip.

A workaround if you want to generate your PC event in Logic is to send it to an IAC bus, that way Logic will receive it at its input. Let me know if you need help with that?

Ok, now I got it, problem solved! Thanks! I´m building a live performance setup.. the environment seems to be very handy for this stuff :)

• 6 years later...

Hello everyone, sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread, but I'm having trouble with changing performances via program change messages too. I've got it to work, but I can't figure out how to make just one particular track change its performance. Sending the PC Messages for this only works when sending on channel 1, but affects all tracks, no matter what channel they are set to. I'd like to be able to have to separate tracks that I can address separately with separate PC messages, does anyone here know how to achieve this?

Thanks so much!