Project size too big?

Rydizzle

Ok so I have been working on a project for some time now. I recently went to back up my project folder for this song and noticed that it's over 13 GB in size. And it appears that size is coming from the audio files folder. Now the weird thing is my other (saved as versions) of the same project from days earlier is only 1GB in size, so what happened to cause my project to be this big? Thanks guys

So, the past couple days I have been recording vocal takes, quite a few (due to my lack of singing skill). Also I tried to bounce a track in place, but it wouldn't finish bouncing so I had to quit logic and relauch it. Not sure if that has any relation to my problem. Anyway, the bigger folder does have more audio files but this shouldn't be anywhere near 13 GB as I record everything at 24bit 44.1. I have much larger projects that have never gone over 8 GB so I don't know what's going on.

485623698_Screenshot2011-05-02at2_56_16PM.png.8e39f65494cc485756de611b6f530bc6.png

1392731106_Screenshot2011-05-01at4_43_25PM.png.3be845b3aa2b703651f6c502435c981a.png

Help ha ha, I'm scared that something is seriously wrong with my project, although nothing seems to be abnormal except the size issue. I've put put a lot of hours into this thing and would hate to have something happen. Thanks

Anyway, the bigger folder does have more audio files but this shouldn't be anywhere near 13 GB

OK actually I notice now you did kinda answer some of my questions. But what I meant was: can you ACTUALLY REALLY compare the folders? Open them, see exactly how many files are new, how big are all of them, sum their sizes and see exactly what their total size is? If you take the big audio file folder and remove all new audio files (placing them, for example, in a temp_Audio_file folder for now), is it now the same size as the old one? If not, then compare each audio file in both folders, one by one. This seems like a daunting task but really shouldn't take you that long.

Ok I found the massive file its labeled Audio-Bus064.aif. I have no idea what it is, so should I delete it? And should I do it within logic? Thanks

Is that all? Looking at your info-windows, it seems that there are still 95 other extra items in that bigger folder, besides the 1 you mention here... :?:

My guess would be that there are perhaps some EXS instruments in that bigger folder too? You could simply open both folders up and compare them file by file...

Do you always save your projects including all assets?

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys sorry it has taken so long to respond, have been out of the country. Ok so I don't see that audio-bus064.aif file in the audio bin, so is it safe to just delete it from the audio files folder of my project?

We have no way of telling if it is safe. Have you tried playing that file to find out what it is, in the first place? (Use QuickLook > select the file in Finder and hit Space).

If you are absolutely sure that it is not used in any of your Logic projects, then by all means delete it.

• 9 years later...