Broken song

Mikey 3000
Go to solution Solved by Mikey 3000,

Every time I load the tune I'm currently working on I get an error that says 'An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro.'

It doesn't say which plugin, or why it's having a problem, or anything. I can see the song completely loaded in the background but I can't so anything with it because the dialog box only has one option.

If there were an option to pull the data out of that song and start again I'd happily do it but my only option is quitting. What can I do to retrieve all those hours of work?

1. Open Logic.

2. Choose Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio.

3. Deselect the "Core Audio : Enabled" checkbox.

4. Open your project.

You can now save the project as a copy to make your test, then start removing plug-ins to see if you can find the culprit.

Or you can choose File > Import > Logic Projects... to import tracks from that project into a new empty project and rebuild it selectively.

Thanks. I solved this by reopening Logic in Rosetta – which makes no sense because the system has been working fine natively for months without it… but whatever works I guess!

In order to make sense of it you'd need to see which 3rd party plug-in is creating this issue, which is why I suggested the procedure in my previous answer.