Is there a way to save IO labels [SOLVED]

emjayinla
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

• 5 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 5:29 AM, David Nahmani said:

One could always save multiple preference files, one for each set of I/O Labels.

Hi, sorry to revive an old thread... how would one go about this? Where is it stored, and would there be any other potential unforseen ramifications if simply swapped out whenever I needed different labels? Thanks!

1 hour ago, wing said:

Hi, sorry to revive an old thread... how would one go about this? Where is it stored, and would there be any other potential unforseen ramifications if simply swapped out whenever I needed different labels? Thanks!

To find your preference file, hold down the Option key while you click the Go menu in the Finder and choose Library, then go inside the Preferences folder. The file is named com.apple.logic10.plist. 

Always quit Logic before either copying that file somewhere else or replacing it with one of the copies you've saved earlier. 

The only thing to keep in mind is that the file contains any preferences you've changed in Logic Pro > Preferences, so if you change one and then replace your preference file with another, Logic Pro will revert to that set of preferences and you'll have to change that preference again. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I’m attempting to come back to use Logic more regularly after spending 2 years with Studio One and getting frustrated with its quirks.

However, I’m just being reminded of Logic’s own quirks, and not being able to store the I/O setup per session is one of my pet peeves. I think it makes no sense at all to have it being a global setting, especially if one likes to keep the bus naming clean as the naming, inevitably changes over time as you add/remove stuff from templates. Plus hardware changes, same computer used in different places, etc. There’s a reason Pro Tools has this nailed.

@David Nahmani if you have some contact with the development team (I don’t know if you do) and if you agree that this should be changed (and have the time and patience), maybe you can make the suggestion. Saving multiple preference files is a clear hack and shouldn’t have to be done. This is one of those things that I feel that it’s been this way for so long, that it’s forgotten and won’t ever change, unfortunately…

Edited by OFS