Quick Punch recording in Logic Pro X

SargamStudio

Dear all, I have switched from Sonar (windows based) to Logic Pro-X. Apart from small others, I am facing a problem with quick punch recording. It loses sound initially for a split second and throws off the singer and the recordist. Is there a solution to it, please? Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Dear all, I have switched from Sonar (windows based) to Logic Pro-X. Apart from small others, I am facing a problem with quick punch recording. It loses sound initially for a split second and throws off the singer and the recordist. Is there a solution to it, please? Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Make sure that:

1. In your top menu, you select Record > Allow Quick Punch-in.

2. The track is R-enabled before you press Play.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear David, I am relatively new to Logic Pro X. Been using Sonar and band lab (Windows-based) in the past. I am facing a problem with quick punch recording. It loses sound initially for a split second and throws off the singer and the recordist. Is there a solution to it, please? Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

All above is in place, but as soon as I press "R" the sound disappears for a second. Very annoying in the recording process. Please help.

All above is in place, but as soon as I press "R" the sound disappears for a second. Very annoying in the recording process. Please help.

You need to make sure you *manually* record enable the track before you start recording. Using the automatic rec-enabling that happens for the focused track when you start recording is not sufficient in this case.

Yes, all in place, it records but initial second the sound disappears. However, I just noticed, when I set a record punch region, then it records the region with no problem. Just while playing the record enabled and with input monitoring on, the sound disappears for a little time fraction. But by that time, it is enough to throw off the singer.

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2022 at 6:32 AM, polanoid said:

That is exactly what happens if you do *not* manually record enable the track (i.e., click on the "R" button in the track header so it becomes a white R with red background instead of a red R on grey background).

I record enable. That means my "R" is Red. So now my project is playing, and the right time I hit "r", It starts recording but with a slight pause in the very beginning. Any idea why?

7 minutes ago, SargamStudio said:

Any idea why?

A video clip would still be useful 

7 minutes ago, SargamStudio said:

record enable. That means my "R" is Red

No that’s what it does not mean. A red R means record ready. A white R on flashing background (grey/red) means rec enabled,

Edited by polanoid

• 7 months later...

My two cents; I had a similar issue with a minor glitch in the audio whenever I punched in or out from a recording. To my surprise what seemed to solve it was that if I started the recording by pressing play and then punch in to record directly afterwards there would be no issue. But if I started the recording by pressing R and later wanted to punch in or out, I'd experience the glitch. 

Not sure why there was a difference. 

For "everyone" else it works fine either way?