Kontakt Ignoring Midi Regions [SOLVED]

djsnake
Go to solution Solved by djsnake,

Hey y'all. Title says it all. Issue popped off out of nowhere, previously it was working fine. Kontakt 6 is ignoring midi regions no matter what i did. It only generates sound when i use musical typing (Cmd + K) to play notes / record midi regions and that's the only midi region it plays back. Previously created or manually drawn notes are ignored. How can i fix this?

Thanks.

[i've tried in a new blank project too, no luck]

What MIDI channel is the track set to, what MIDI channel are the notes in the region, and what MIDI receive channel is your loaded Kontakt instrument inside Kontakt set to?

It's set to Software Instrument not Midi-Controlled Effects one. Notes in the region are legit since i can play the exact notes with Musical Typing and record it. I can go that way, adjust the notes but I can't import or copy any midi regions, it wouldn't generate no sound.

In Kontakt5 there was midi option i would choose "omni" and it would fix a similar problem. On Kontakt 6 i couldn't find such setting and not sure if the problem is that.

As i said temporary fix is to re-recording it with Musical Typing. No sound produced any other way.

Does it behave this way all of the time or just when a project is first opened?

It takes a while for the sample banks to load fully (especially on my old spinning drive)

It behaves that way all the time. It just started happening, it's global behaves the same with empty projects, different tracks with Kontakt6 etc. It's not about the Kontakt instrument, for sure.

What MIDI channel is the track set to, what MIDI channel are the notes in the region, and what MIDI receive channel is your loaded Kontakt instrument inside Kontakt set to?

It's set to Software Instrument not Midi-Controlled Effects one. Notes in the region are legit since i can play the exact notes with Musical Typing and record it. I can go that way, adjust the notes but I can't import or copy any midi regions, it wouldn't generate no sound.

In Kontakt5 there was midi option i would choose "omni" and it would fix a similar problem. On Kontakt 6 i couldn't find such setting and not sure if the problem is that.

As i said temporary fix is to re-recording it with Musical Typing. No sound produced any other way.

It seems you're not clear on what information des99 is asking for. One of the properties of a midi note is the midi channel, just like pitch and velocity. The midi channel is a number between 1-16. Select one of your non responding regions and open the event list to see what midi channel the notes in the region are on.

285291458_MIDIChannel.thumb.png.98e9c2ff50859b8e8bcc5c23053bc2ff.png

I understand, but you didn't answer a single one of my specific questions designed to try to help narrow down to, or exclude, a potential solution for your problem...

Nothing about notes being "legit" or not.

• Solution

Hey. So i sat down today and the problem was fixed all of a sudden. I checked the Channel Number by pressing D, it says Ch1.

What i did different is that, i have some of my libraries on external hard drive, i didn't plug it in yesterday since I wasn't using those libraries there, but Kontakt popped out an error about missing libraries. It didn't generate sound despite that library i use was available in internal drive. It now works fine as i got the hdd plugged, no errors popped out. It must have been on Native Instruments' side rather than Logic.

Thanks!