Latency issues when recording

Yule2kk

Hey guys I randomly am facing super annoying latency issues while recording. It never happened before, I upgraded to a 2019 or 2020 mac mini M1 with great specs. I use a Apogee duet I bought in I guess 2016 through the USB port, but with USBC adapter the issue stays the same. It got me thinking like Im off beat but I swear Im not. My buffer is 51 and Im running 44.1khz. I am using my vocal chain but my older 2019 macbook with no M1 used to work perfectly before and also has this issue. My macOS is up to date and everything. Using an AKG C314 for what it matters and I have a solid cable. I really really dont know how to just record without latency. I also have this one latency thing at 0 and seen videos of checking ur latency and setting it to -blablabla but my latency keeps changing… I cant even record with autotune in my headphones if I wanted to, which was never a problem untill 2-3 months ago. If you can fix my problem you’re a real hero and save not only me but also many of my friends that come to my studio a lot of time <3 really appreciate any help >.

My buffer is 51

Do you mean 512 ? If yes, then try a lower buffer such as 64.

Also try using the low latency mode: in the menu at the top of your screen choose Record > Low Latency Monitoring Mode so that you see a checkmark in front of that option in the menu:

Low Latency Mode.png

Sorry I meant 32. And if I use low latency mode I cant use autotune in real time. I recorded a whole EP with this exact same chain with no issues and randomly this happened… even got a M1 mac mini with much better specs but it didnt fix it >.<