Aux bus Master

extrememixing

Just wondering if there is any reason to have all of my tracks come up through an Aux input. In Pro Tools there are several reasons why this works better, or at least differently than it does through just a master fader. Masters are not pre fader. I don't think Logic is either since you can pull the fader down to stop overs. Master plug ins also don't get delay compensation applied. Any reason to mix through an Aux in Logic Pro X? I have not been using one, but I find myself mixing more and more stuff in Logic. Whare are your thoughts on this?

Steve

Got it. So it you're mixing a song that you know will have a fade, then it might be good to have a sub master so that you don't pull the threshold down as you fade, but other than to solve something like that, no issues. And all plugs on any fader get delay compensation. I get sessions from certain DAWs that have 30-60ms of space before the actual sounds start every time. It's always been that way. That means the they don't line up with the grid exactly with out a little nudge. I don't recall getting that when I knew it was from Logic. No bip prefix.

Steve