Automation Issue Again With Tracks Suddenly Spiking in Volume

Christopher11

I'm not sure why a song gets corrupted like this suddenly. Intermittently, several tracks jump up about 10 dB in volume, then go right back per the automation points I have set. This is a new project, not a port from earlier versions. In the event edit window there aren't any indications of volume data. I know I can go to Mix>Automation> Delete all automation and it looks like I will have to. Then I lose all the automation I actually programmed to mix this piece though. Have you encountered this? Any idea why or how to avoid it? Version 10.5.1

Thanks so much in advance for any replies, as always!

Hey David. Yeah, I checked the region via Event Edit window. I think that would show me if it had volume automation in the way Logic used to, where you could change the value as part of the events. No, it was happening even when not connected to an interface.

What I ended up doing was, killing all automation. Then I had to create an entirely new track (not control drag it). Then finally, bring down the regions to the new track. I took a screenshot of the old one, and reproduced pretty well the volume automation. I wish this glitch didn't happen, but there it is. Thanks so much.