Can't add audio to logic project

aviorrok

Aaah yes! mp3 is a distribution format, to work in Logic you need production formats: PCM files such as AIFF or WAV. If you first save your projects with the option to save audio to the project selected, you can then drag an mp3 and Logic will automatically convert to PCM.

In past I just used drag and drop also for mp3 why is not work in the newer versions?

In past I just used drag and drop also for mp3 why is not work in the newer versions?
If you first save your projects with the option to save audio to the project selected, you can then drag an mp3 and Logic will automatically convert to PCM.

Is it possible that in the past you saved your project with the option to save audio to the project selected, and you didn't now?

If you first save your projects with the option to save audio to the project selected, you can then drag an mp3 and Logic will automatically convert to PCM.

Is it possible that in the past you saved your project with the option to save audio to the project selected, and you didn't now?

I don't know what exactly you mean but in past it was possible to drag & drop mp3 files

I don't know what exactly you mean but in past it was possible to drag & drop mp3 files

I just tried and I was able to drag and drop an mp3 file in Logic 10.7.2 just like in the past, even if I don't save the project first. Not sure why that wouldn't be working for you? Maybe that mp3 file has some kind of protection? Try to produce your own short test mp3 file in Logic and import it into another project:

drag-drop-mp3.thumb.gif.14621224344c3a317847ded85a1332e6.gif