Avoid QuickSampler samples to be included in project's folder?

Danny Wyatt

Inserted Drum Machine Designer and added some of my own samples. Then added some factory samples from the /Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples/03 Drums & Percussion/03 Single Drums/02 Snares/Electronic Snares/Electronic Snare D1 1 folder.

My own samples were copied to the project's folder when I saved the project, but the factory didn't.

On my "save" window all I have selected is "Audio files":

1782827926_savewindow.png.88e1a0d766d2cb60ffa4499956d1e2c7.png

I would like NOT to include any samples, because I don't want Logic to keep showing duplicates in certain situations and I don't want to use space on my disk. If I don't move my samples, I would expect Logic to always use those instead of creating duplicates every time I load a certain preset.

Yeah I remember going down this hole a few months ago. As far as I remember the end result was exactly where you are; couldn't stop it storing non-Logic samples when loaded into Quick Sampler.

I think it's the best way for them to manage the data; it just makes sense for the application to make a duplicate of the file it's generated the 'other' data from (in this case the analysis of the file so it can perform the Warp function) so you don't have to wait when you click the button. Also not everybody manages their samples as well as you :)

You'd need another option in the Assets to handle Quick Sampler data differently to this, so it might be worth a feature request?