Score Editor - TAB during Chord Insertion

Music Spirit

Does anyone understand this behaviour -on my system Key Command TAB from note to note usually used when inputting Chord Symbols in the Score Editor. ie put in a chord - TAB - it moves to the next note ...

But on a student's system when he uses TAB for that purpose it moves to the next bar and not to the next note- can anyone explain this?

Second question - is there a key command to select the Chord Insertion option from the Inspector in the Score Editor? ( ie is there a quicker way to get to the palette or activate it instead of each time have to select and drag the function across to the place where you want to insert something? )

• 3 weeks later...

For the tab to next bar issue - we would need to see the score - multiple reasons for this from attaching to the wrong staff, to wrong set of notes. Please upload the logic project for us to take a look at as we need more info.

Other than the very first chord insertion done via the part box or pencil tool. You can option drag any existing chord to a new location and change its name by double click on it. The is how I do it so I don't have to go back to the part box every time...

For the tab to next bar issue - we would need to see the score - multiple reasons for this from attaching to the wrong staff, to wrong set of notes. Please upload the logic project for us to take a look at as we need more info.

Will do this thanks in a day or two when I get hold of the Project

Other than the very first chord insertion done via the part box or pencil tool. You can option drag any existing chord to a new location and change its name by double click on it. The is how I do it so I don't have to go back to the part box every time... .

Great tip thanks - will try this!