Appegiator Sync

PicNic

I just opened a song that I had not looked at in about 6 months - all was running normally except for a software instrument track that has an arpeggiator plugin. The part was out of sync. I went back to several older versions of the song all of which ad the same problem. The arpeggiator seems to be in sync, but the notes may have been quantised away from the original positions. Either way, something is not right.

• 3 weeks later...
I just opened a song that I had not looked at in about 6 months - all was running normally except for a software instrument track that has an arpeggiator plugin. The part was out of sync. I went back to several older versions of the song all of which ad the same problem. The arpeggiator seems to be in sync, but the notes may have been quantised away from the original positions. Either way, something is not right.

Are there any latency inducing plug-ins in the signal chain of that track?

I have a similar issue. I am using Logic's MIDI arpeggiator on a piano track. It plays back correctly in the project but when I bounce the track it is playing back slightly out of sync. Can anyone help me solve this?

Yes. First, is your project start marker set to 1 1 1 1 (at the top, left of your ruler)?

934307402_projectstart.png.0d794bac41240c9e0fcd5a54178eadda.png

Are there any latency inducing plug-ins in the signal chain of that track?

I have a similar issue. I am using Logic's MIDI arpeggiator on a piano track. It plays back correctly in the project but when I bounce the track it is playing back slightly out of sync. Can anyone help me solve this?

Yes. First, is your project start marker set to 1 1 1 1 (at the top, left of your ruler)?

project start.png

Thanks David!

Yes it is, I'm aware of how risky changing that unfortunately is.

1562016441_Screenshot2022-01-15at18_23_46.thumb.png.80cd5e4365236d82d1124a24fb06ec26.png

Solitude_LPH.zip

Solitude_LPH.mp3.zip

Hi David, thanks!

Here's the project file. I deleted all the other regions so you'll only find midi data on the arpeggiator track (but I left the empty tracks there so you can get an idea of the size and type of the project).

Not much to do to reproduce it. Even now with this track only, it plays back with the desired sync inside the project. But once bounced it's out of sync. I'va attached the bounced mp3 to clearly show that.

Thanks so much for your help

Best

-t