Reassign MIDI channel received from keyboard

mrmuzzi

Hi, I have a Reaktor instruments that can receive 3 separate MIDI channels (INSIDIOUS 6581).

I would like to map a simple CC knob to "something" able to change the MIDI channel received by the track and not change it from the keyboard (ALESIS v25) because it would be very clumsy since I have to use its editor software!

The channel filter script is close to what I need, meaning it has a slider I can easily map for changing the channel,

only problem is that obviously it is written for filtering channels and not reassign them.

I also created a Transformer object in the Environment, but although it fixes my problem it's lacking an interface

that can be mapped.

The Reaktor ensemble is a simulation of the C64 SID and for that to be usable you need to be able to switch

easily between the 3 voices (which can be set to receive a specific channel) and I rather do that instead of having 3 instances of Reaktor on different tracks.

Any ideas? Maybe how to modify the existing Filter script to reassign channels instead of filtering them?

Thanks,

Marco

Check your manual.

I have a MiniLab

MiniLab.png.80f2542b65663af0e9025c03dc294b44.png

If I want to re-assign the knobs/pads to create different presets and save them on the MiniLab, then yes I need to use software from Aturia to do that.

But, to change the Midi Channel on-the-fly, I don't need that software.

I just hold the Sift Key (#!), then press one of the keys (at #8) to select the Midi Channel.

You should be able to do the same thing with your Midi Controller, but check your manual for how to do that

There may be a more elegant way to do this but I would make chain that starts with a Monitor Object (I always start and end with those so I can know exactly what I'm dealing with) to a Cable Switcher (which *can* be assigned a controller to change the output) to however many Midi Instrument objects you want to send to. Each Midi Instrument object can have the channel/range/transposition you want and then send each of those to wherever you want. The only downside of this approach is if you change channels while holding notes you will have stuck notes because the receiving instrument never received a note-off command. I have a fix for that somewhere in my Environment Items template but I'm typing this from work. 737285102_ScreenShot2021-12-10at2_56_38PM.thumb.png.f8a4ed4e66ebe112df109df46d799d68.png