How to apply sends to bounced tracks?

frostym8

Hi there,

I’ve encointered a problem when using sends with reverbs and delays.

In my mixing template, I have tracks set up that way through input monitoring:

Shaker -> Light Percussion -> Percussion Stem

Once I’ve added some ping pong delay to the shaker, I’m recording it in real time using input monitoring for light percussion - when the delay send from an aux track is applied to the shaker, by some reason it will not record that to light percussion group.

Is there any way to fix this or go around it?

Thank you!

I just had one thought, so if I have about 50 instruments that have reverb sends applied to them, these won’t be recorded through input monitoring to their corresponding groups? Do I have to bounce in place each of those tracks to have those reverbs applied before I record these instruments to their corresponding groups through input monitoring?

Do I have to bounce in place each of those tracks to have those reverbs applied before I record these instruments to their corresponding groups through input monitoring?

Huh?

If you bounced in place, why do you need to record them again?

For the sake of organisation. I mean, if I have short low strings, and long high strings, they need different kinds of reverbs. If there are about 50 tracks that need those reverbs through sends, it will be super messy once these tracks are bounced into individual tracks and keeping multiple copies of the same track is not an option for me.

It can also create the problem that if I realise that there’s too much reverb, I cannot go back since the track is already printed with the reverb amount.

I usally process groups furtherly so it provides more glue and I’m able to make it cut through anything else if necessary using parallel saturation or parallel compression but only after I’m happy with the process of individual tracks - that’s why it’s so important for me to have them processed individually so I know for sure that there won’t be any issues when I’m ready to process summed groups.

Hi there,

I’ve encointered a problem when using sends with reverbs and delays.

In my mixing template, I have tracks set up that way through input monitoring:

Shaker -> Light Percussion -> Percussion Stem

Once I’ve added some ping pong delay to the shaker, I’m recording it in real time using input monitoring for light percussion - when the delay send from an aux track is applied to the shaker, by some reason it will not record that to light percussion group.

Is there any way to fix this or go around it?

Thank you!

If I understand right, you also need to route the output of delay/reverb channel to the light percussion track as well.

Thank you guys, it worked!

Now any sort of processing applied through sends on individual tracks using input monitoring is audible not only during playback, but the sends are even printed to groups!

Right now my signal chain looks like this:

Oboe -> Woodwinds (Send) -> Reverb (output of the reverb is woodwinds group) -> Woodwinds -> Mix OP

So I basically need to create a reverb for each group and have it’s output routed for that instrument group.

What about if I want to apply parallel saturation and parallel compression? I won’t have enough busses to individually create each aux buss for parallel comp and parallel sat, is there a way to use just one of each in this case?

What about if I want to apply parallel saturation and parallel compression? I won’t have enough busses to individually create each aux buss for parallel comp and parallel sat, is there a way to use just one of each in this case?

If by parallel compression you refer to this technique: https://musicproductionnerds.com/parallel-compression-explained , you won't need any busses for that because Logic's compressors all have dry/wet controls.