Why are some tracks out of sync?

joachim_s

I have both midi and audio tracks in a project and when playing the tracks in Live Loops mode everything's fine. After recording parts to the Tracks View one of the tracks are out of sync I've tried changing stuff under Preferences > General > Plug-in Latency to no avail. What's wrong and how can I fix it?

There's also something strange going on with the panning of each track: I can't change it anymore. Starting a new project all is fine.

Edit: spelling

Edited by joachim_s

Would you happen to have any plug-ins listening to a sidechain? That can cause delays on unrelated tracks in 10.6.3 and later.

I have a sidechain between two audio tracks. That’s all. But I’ll check if that makes this happen and get back. However, that sidechaining is not on the track that’s delayed.

In the latest versions of Logic side chains will cause delays in some unrelated tracks(it's a bug, not supposed to happen). It would be worth checking if setting your side chains to "Internal" fixes it.

Edited by sunbrother

I have a sidechain between two audio tracks. That’s all. But I’ll check if that makes this happen and get back. However, that sidechaining is not on the track that’s delayed.

In the latest versions of Logic side chains will cause delays in some unrelated tracks(it's a bug, not supposed to happen). It would be worth checking if setting your side chains to "None" fixes it.

Thanks! I’ll check it. It’s some of the latest (or the latest) version of LPX on Catalina. Just fyi.

Thanks! I’ll check it. It’s some of the latest (or the latest) version of LPX on Catalina. Just fyi.

OK. I've tested it with 10.7.1 on Big Sur and 10.6.3 on Catalina and the bug is present on those. If that's your issue.

So I already had the compressor off that had the sidechain, had the compressor off and even deleted the plugin from its slot. Didn’t help.