Third Party Time Stretching Algorithms?

AllTheButtons
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Being an old-fashioned soul, I have certain workflows where I like to time stretch regions directly, rather than using Flex. But of course, Logic's ageing non-flex algorithms are a bit long in the tooth.

Does anyone have recommendations for good third-party algorithms that integrate with Logic on the arrange page? The only one I can currently find is Pitch 'n' Time LE, which costs a bomb (and have its algorithms kept pace with the times?). There used to be SoundToys Speed, but that's no longer supported.

Any others out there?

option-drag the end of the region? i do this all the time, to, for example, fit an audio loop into a 4-bar frame...

Yes that's how you time stretch in the arrange page - but I mean the actual algorithm Logic uses when you do that.

In addition to Logic's built-in algorithms (Universal, Complex, Percussion, Legacy), certain plugins also show up as an option when you install them. P'n'T does, Speed used to, but I can't seem to find any others currently on sale.

• Solution
Being an old-fashioned soul, I have certain workflows where I like to time stretch regions directly, rather than using Flex.

Why, oh why?

The Flex algorithms are SO much better and you can achieve the same workflow if you just press Command-F to enable Flex View, then drag the UPPER-right corner of an audio region.

Being an old-fashioned soul, I have certain workflows where I like to time stretch regions directly, rather than using Flex.

The Flex algorithms are SO much better and you can achieve the same workflow if you just press Command-F to enable Flex View, then drag the UPPER-right corner of an audio region.

Ahh I never knew about the upper-right corner in Flex! My ropey guitar playing is always heavily comped, which means lots of region boundaries, so this makes flex workable for me!