Logic Pro 9.1.8 project file corrupted by external drive

karmaq69

Hey All, hoping someone will help me out of this nightmare I'm in..

I have been running this system for years and it's been running perfect!

I recently was gifted an external HD, it is a 4TB Seagate Drive.

I was only using it to back up old files .

The other day I realised during opening a Project that there were many files present that I did not add to the project, and when I checked I realised that when I di a "Save As" I had accidentally saved the project to this new EXT Seagate 4TB Drive.

So I did the following:

1. I opened the audio bin and selected "used Audio".

2. I then opted to "mover to' a trusted drive I use often.

3. I then moved 74 files to the trusted EXT drive I use often without trouble. the message was displayed that the move was successful.

4. I then performed a 'Save As' to create a new project name, and closed the project.

5. upon opening the project and upon loading - it would crash immediately.

6. I went through various back ups and eventually found an earlier session that would open but it would crash when I attempted to move a specific audio file.

7. I decided to create a new project in desperation I thought I could bounce all audio (in the session that half worked) and the move the bounced audio to the newly created project... however upon attempting to save the new session I was given the alert that the file could not be saved.

SUMMARY

I am unable to create new sessions or open many sessions, or perform simple functions in other sessions I can open.

Even if I select to not load the audio when opening the session, it still crashes

The system worked perfectly yesterday and every day for the last 2 years.

*** Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to deliver this track yesterday and won't get paid otherwise...***

In other words - if your drive is in ExFAT or other PC format, it will corrupt your Project- and/or Audio files.

Audio files usually can be salvaged by a tedious process involving command-lines in Terminal (tell if you want/need to go that route), Project files are truly wrecked and not recoverable.

Don't try professional data recovery services on this, they are a waste of time and money here, you may receive a heap of files that still are all unusable.