Latency / Ping Issues

lazarus2707

Hi there,

When I add an I/O instance onto an audio/midi track and click "ping" to account for latency, the number stays at "0 sam." I do hear an audible pop from my interface when I click "ping," and the lights on the interfaces' output display light up, making me think the interface is getting the signal from Logic X.

As you might imagine, the latency is still really bad and I often have to adjust the audio/midi information manually, which is not ideal. Do you have any idea what's going on or a way that I might address the issue? Thanks so much!

I am running Logic X (10.6) and my interface is an Apollo x8 (not sure if that is relevant, but thought I'd include it).

- Lars

Thanks for the reply. I am sending the audio/midi to external gear (Korg Kaoss Pad 2), which I have selected on the ins/outs of the I/O on the audio/midi channel. My understanding is that when I hit "ping," it sends a signal through the interface to the external gear, but I could be missing something. Does that sound right? Is there a better approach?

Hey Jakob,

I am not sure I understand your point (I'm a bit new to this, so please bear with me :)) but from what I've seen, once one clicks "ping," the SAM number in the I/O plugin either increases or decreases to compensate for latency. Mine remains at zero, and there is still a ton of latency, which makes me think it is not working. Any ideas? Thanks, mate.