An audio track doesn't play back!

paulsoffe
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

Hi. I must have done something daft. I am new to Logic and recorded a couple of tracks ok but one of my audio tracks though has the recording on it , does not play back anything. My levels are ok and it is not muted . It is a green colour the track rather than blue with my other audio tracks . Hope someone can help thank you

That's the problem. I must have somehow selected that bus and changed it from the stereo out. Thank you and yes with the track recording its very low . I'd like to blame my wife who was singing backing track very low but its down to me not turning up the gain ! If you can recommend a good tutorial for a beginner i would appreciate it. It might just save me doing such daft things ! Thanks again. Paul

So you're set now, right ?

I only ever find tutorials useful when they are short and deal with very specific things, specifically the specific things that I need to know right now, nothing more or less. Otherwise I'll find myself sitting and waiting for it to be over.

If you, however, have a list of specific Logic things you like to learn about, then there's another option...

Yes great thanks

When you try to do a song last minute for a writing comp all goes pear shape

Will think about your link and poss help especially in situ !

Know what you mean about tutorials. I guess if you had project files to go along with a tutorial it might be a bit more relevant

I guess if you had project files to go along with a tutorial it might be a bit more relevant

Well then, if what you're looking for is a tutorial where you have a virtual mento that walks you through doing a series of music production tasks in real life Logic projects, with step by step exercices... I've got just the thing for you! :D

See my Logic Pro book here: https://www.logicprohelp.com/logic-pro-x-book/

• 2 weeks later...
Hi David . I am poised to get your Logic Pro X 10.5 - Apple Pro Training Series - kindle version. One questions i have is , are you planning in near future bringing out Logic Pro X 10.6 ? ANd will the current book be easy enough to catch up with the rest as it were ?

I skipped the 10.6 update which came out nearly at the same time as my 10.5 book and doesn't really bring anything new. 10.7 however brings Dolby Atmos as a new feature so I am updating the book to release a 10.7 book early in the spring, however the only difference it will have with the current 10.5 book is an added short lesson on mixing in Dolby Atmos. Everything else stays the same except for new screenshots because the interface looks slightly different now.

So yes, you can go ahead and use my 10.5 book in 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 with no problems whatsoever, everything will work as described in the book. And if you run into any problems or have questions while working with the book, you know where to find me, just ask them right here! :)

With a tool as intrinsically complex as Logic, you are always going to "do daft things." And learn how to figure out which "daft thing" you did this time, and how to fix it.

And then, if you get really good at doing this, you might write a great book! :D

Thanks for encouraging words Mike . Well not sure about a book lol but, as mentioned above, I definitely learned my lesson about jumping on buses that go nowhere !!