Is possible to assign external hardware to Smart Controls of any plugin in the master?

ChoPraTs

I've been experimenting with Smart Controls and an external MIDI controller. Is very easy to map any knob, slider or button of software instruments, plugins or effects to any hardware slider, fader, knob or button. But for me it works only if they are inserted into an instrument or audio track, not when they are inserted in the master track. Why am I not able to assign any external MIDI hardware to the same plugins or effects if they are in the Stereo Out?

I'm using Sonarworks Reference 4 or SoundID Reference plugin. It's inserted as the last plugin in my Stereo Out master track. I can see the Smart Controls associated to each function of the plugin. And if I move them with the mouse, they react as supposed.

But when I try to use the learn option to assign a external hardware button, slider or knob to these controls, they doesn't work. When I try to record them and I move them, they appear as learned, but doesn't interact with the functions. They appear as recorded in the controllers assignment tab, but doesn't work with this plugin or any other.

There's no problem if I do the same but the plugin is inserted in an instrument or audio track. I've only problems when it's in the master.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

You need to have the stereo out assigned to a track in the tracks area, go main menu > Track, and and check "Output Track".

I see! Thank you!

But then, is it not possible to control that plugin externally when another track is selected?

What I would like is to configure a button in my TouchOSC layout to quickly activate and deactivate (bypass) the Sonarworks plugin. But it wouldn't be helpful if first I have to select the Stereo Out track. For that, I can already activate and deactivate it with the mouse.

Is there any other way to map a MIDI button to turn the plug-in on and off even though the Stereo Out track is not selected?

...But then, is it not possible to control that plugin externally when another track is selected?

Not using Smart Controls, no.

...What I would like is to configure a button in my TouchOSC layout to quickly activate and deactivate (bypass) the Sonarworks plugin. But it wouldn't be helpful if first I have to select the Stereo Out track. For that, I can already activate and deactivate it with the mouse.

Is there any other way to map a MIDI button to turn the plug-in on and off even though the Stereo Out track is not selected?

Open the controller assignments window, click the "Learn" button, bypass the plugin and then click your controller button/knob/key. Make sure to NOT have the stereo out channel strip selected when creating the assignment.

Open the controller assignments window, click the "Learn" button, bypass the plugin and then click your controller button/knob/key. Make sure to NOT have the stereo out channel strip selected when creating the assignment.

It works! That's it! Thank you very much!