No 1/32 delays

Sascha Franck

For the first time in my life I needed a 32nd delay (supposed to be a 1/16 delay on a double time part), wanted to use the stock Tape Delay for that task - but to my great astonishment, none of the standard delays offers that. Gets even more strange considering there's a dotted 32nd delay.

I may get away with some deviation adjustment, but a 1/32 delay should rather be available straight.

Apparently not a big one for me, as I never noticed that ever since Logic 4.5 (when the delays were introduced), still pretty strange.

Use the Delay Designer preset 1\16 Delay, change the grid to 32 and add your extra points.

I know 32nds are there in Delay Designer, but I wanted just a very simple slapback delay, so grabbing the Tape Delay is a pretty normal thing.

Easy workaround: 1/16 triplet with a deviation of -25% will give you 32nds ;-)

Very true. You’d have to automate the delay plug. Total PITA. Could do it with midi scripter though. Scripter reads current bpm, calculate what you want then midi to plug-in parameters to alter the milliseconds of the delay. Easy if someone writes that script.

Very true. You’d have to automate the delay plug. Total PITA. Could do it with midi scripter though. Scripter reads current bpm, calculate what you want then midi to plug-in parameters to alter the milliseconds of the delay. Easy if someone writes that script.

I'm sure someone can come up with an even more convoluted way to do something that is easily achieved by setting two parameters in the plug-in (see my posts above) ;)