Flex Pitch mutes sound when turned on

westbury18
Go to solution Solved by triplets,

Hi, I've using Flex Pitch on vocals. I have vocals on 4 different tracks. Flex Pitch worked fine on three of them, but for the last one, each time I turn on Flex Pitch, it mutes the vocal section I'm trying to analyze. I don't see the MIDI note versions appear, with the six little dots, like I do on the other vocal sections. All the vocals were recorded at the same time. I can't work out why this one section should not be working. I've closed the project down, turned Flex off and on again, and it keeps happening. Any ideas? It recognizes Flex polyphonic, but when I change to Flex Pitch, the vocal is muted? Am attaching two images - with Flex Pitch (sound it muted) and with Flex polyphonic (which plays as usual)

1924600797_ScreenShot2021-11-30at17_57_53.thumb.png.412db474a23aac5ef4a4a021e9656408.png

104247898_ScreenShot2021-11-30at17_58_05.thumb.png.cf821cb9c10848c86d5e546e2daa1143.png

The rectangles with their six dots note representations could sometimes appear at a different vertical position (not being vertically lined up with their waveform representation). Have you tried scrolling up or down?

Yeah, have tried that. They’re just not there. Even if the rectangles were further up or down, the sound would play. It literally goes silent when I switch to Flex Pitch and then plays again when I switch away from Flex Pitch. It’s driving me crazy.

Turn flex off for that track and do a bounce in place of the region with all plugins bypassed to create a new file.

Then Turn flex back on to re-analyze the region.

Thanks. This seems to have worked. Although I had to turn Flex Pitch back off after analysing and tweaking otherwise Logic Pro crashed each time I tried to play that section. I've got an M1 machine and it never normally did that, but maybe I recorded the vocals at too high an I/O Buffer Size (I forgot to lower the I/O Buffer Size before recording them). Thanks again for the help.

• 1 year later...

Just as an addendum to this issue- I had this happen in my last project, as well as a region where Flex Pitch's analysis caused to region to click at the end intermittently, even when Flex Pitch was turned off and the region was moved to another track. This was not in the audio according to the Editor/overview- this was some sort of glitch when the playhead passed through the end of that region.

I'm going to suspect this and many others fall under "Flex Analysis causing issues"

Edited by sunbrother