Importing midi file to logic - issues

albatross82

Hi,

I am having real problems importing midi into Logic. My collaborator (using Cubase) sends the midi and audio files for a project but the midi is always a different length from the audio. I have checked the tempo's in the source project and destination are the same.

Any ideas its driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance.

Mac 10.12.6

Logic Pro X 10.4.4

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted this a couple of times and searched the internet for a resolution but can't seem to sort this - starting to wonder if its a glitch with Logic Pro X 10.4.4?

Its really frustrating and asked around several different places and no one seems to know the answer of the cause of this. Maybe the moderators can help?

Im trying to import a midi file into Logic - its a strings piece that a client sent me - I also have an audio file of the output of the same midi file.

Whenever I import it doesn't line up with the audio file - meaning the midi file doesn't play in time with the rest of the project.

I have checked with the sender - they have same project tempo and have midi set to 25fps

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am really struggling to sort this out and my client is getting understandably tetchy!

Thanks in advance!

iMac late 2012 (10.12.6)

For good forum organization, it's better not to post multiple times about one topic. If your topic is not getting attention, you can reply to add details, or just reply "bump" to the topic in order to bring it back to the top. I've merged your multiple threads into this one.

First, the fps setting doesn't affect any of this, so you can disregard it for this.

The MIDI file should line up to your bar and beat grid. Meaning if a MIDI note is on beat 1 of bar 5 in your client's DAW, then it should be a on beat 1 of bar 5 in your DAW. This is true independently of the bpm (tempo) setting of your project.

Now the question is, does the audio line up the same in your client's DAW and yours? Does it make sense if you turn the Metronome on, musically speaking? Are you both using the same sample rate (under File > Project Settings > Audio, either 44.1 or 48kHz)?