User Folders missing in Plugin Manager

sunbambino
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I've successfully moved a lot of CST's, AU presets etc etc from a MacBook Pro (Catalina) to an iMac Pro (Big Sur) but something's gone slightly adrift with Plugin Manager.

In the instrument or fx select box on the channel strip I can see my plugs arranged in my User folders as expected. I can also select from those folders. But when I go to Plugin Manager the User folders aren't there, only the normal list of all my plugs.

Any hope of restoring these User folders to the Plugin Manager?

That's the strange thing, I can't add a new folder, there's no controls for that function visible.

So I went ahead and restored all default settings for Plugin Manager, still nothing.

So then I restored Logic's default prefs and still no folder options in P Manager.

May have to reinstall Logic? Would you agree?

• Solution

No, a reinstall isn't going to change anything...

Do you have Advanced Tools enabled in the preferences?

Try dragging the separator lines in the plugin manger until the + icon becomes visible, if it's not.

If not, you could post a screenshot so we can see what you are seeing.

• Like 1

I did try the same on my new Mini M1 with no luck at all.

In the end, I did try to reset the structure in the hope that the + button comes back and I can start from scratch.... but NO. Then I could see how logic is writing new TEMP files. Since then the Temp Data Folder is empty. Doing Logic since 2006. It's a bit spooky. I did try to repair permissions (First AID in DISK UTL) but its still the same. Did try to reinstall Logic. No success at all.

See that line between "Top Line" and "Manufacturer"? Drag it down and the folders will be visible again.

Yes, that's what I meant above when I said:

Try dragging the separator lines in the plugin manger until the + icon becomes visible, if it's not.

Seems to be a sneaky one that affects a few people.