Mapping CC20 LSB with MIDI FX

Sjakelien

So, I have an Artinoise Re.corder. It's a BLE Recorder. It's a great MIDI controller. Except for the standard finger holes, it also features a built-in accelerometer, of which the position is broadcast as controller data.

So, tilting the flute up and down generates Modulation, the amount of air you blow in generates Expression, but then there is the rotating left/right that generates ... #20 LSB.

That is all fine, because Logic records all that stuff, and you can manipulate it.

However, I want to map all this controller data to synth parameters. That is where MIDI FX come in. The Modifier allows you to take a MIDI IN property, and modify it in such a way, that it will live on as another one.

Unfortunately, you cannot select #20 LSB as an input. I can select cc20, but not its least significant byte. The MIDI learn button doesn't respond to that CC either.

Would anybody know how to accomplish my desired mapping input.

Bonus for the person who can explain why the re.corder has chosen to use this rather obscure controller data

I'm not sure what you mean?

A single MICI CC event (such as a MIDI CC #20 event) has only one single value byte, so it cannot possibly have a MSB and a LSB (that's two bytes).

When you talk about MSB (Most Significant Byte) and LSB (Least Significant Byte), that means you encode a value over at least two bytes, and thus require at least two MIDI CC events to encode one value. An example is the "Bank Select" value which requires one MIDI CC#0 and one MIDI CC#32 to be communicated. In that case, the CC#0 event is the MSB and the CC#32 is the LSB.