Dragging green apple loops to an existing drum instrument without changing the track's instrument settings

macdutch

Hi,

there's only one reference to my question in the site-search here and that was not answered 8 years ago. I am a 20 year plus Logic User and can't find this one thing which all my instincts tell me should be possible : I have a multi out drum kit all set up ( Producer +) . Now I'd like to drag a green rhythm apple loop onto that track WITHOUT it switching to the instrument "included" in the green apple loop. I have tried clicking "No reset" , all possible key combos whilst dragging but I just can't find it. Neither in the Big Handbook from apple. All explanations are always just at beginners level " How to add a green apple loop to a track" and that is NOT what I am looking for. How , if at all possible, can I STOP the track from switching instruments and ONLY use the Midi from the green Appel loop? I am currently using a dummy track , drag it there, then up to my drum-track. But that is a hassle and error prone.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Macdutch

Thanks for the quick reply. Grinding my teeth and writing a feedback to the logic devs… Why would this be so difficult….?

Wait, come to think of it there is a better workaround!

Just create at least one MIDI region on the track. It could be empty. Once there's an existing MIDI region on the track, dragging a green loop to the track imports only the MIDI data, not the patch.

Of course. That makes it easier and is one track less. Thanks!

Still writing the devs though. Dragging with Control key to only import midi notes and velocities and not programming changes and Track instrument settings is my proposal.

I disagree. I think it should be the Option key.

Just kidding, I think that's a great idea. :lol:

Thanks for the quick reply. Grinding my teeth and writing a feedback to the logic devs… Why would this be so difficult….?

Wait, come to think of it there is a better workaround!

Just create at least one MIDI region on the track. It could be empty. Once there's an existing MIDI region on the track, dragging a green loop to the track imports only the MIDI data, not the patch.

David,

You're the bartender at the Genius Bar.

I use the MIDI perforances of the Green Apple loops but I need them on customized channel strip settings that have my custom Logic scripters. The scripts would always get wiped out when I bring in another green apple loop. I wound up just dragging to the bottom to create a instrument track and let it switch on that track but now I can take that extra step out of moving the MIDI region and sometimes I create more extra instrument tracks, then it's time to clean up but this is a better way.

1728764159_emptyMIDIRegion.thumb.png.4549b329527a88b3021bd71d72a0f5bd.png

There should be a control key drag option btw. :mrgreen:

David,

You're the bartender at the Genius Bar.

I use the MIDI perforances of the Green Apple loops but I need them on customized channel strip settings that have my custom Logic scripters. The scripts would always get wiped out when I bring in another green apple loop. I wound up just dragging to the bottom to create a instrument track and let it switch on that track but now I can take that extra step out of moving the MIDI region and sometimes I create more extra instrument tracks, then it's time to clean up but this is a better way.

Great! Good to hear that it helps speed up your workflow. :D