Remix FX Automation issue

mogunz

Hi,

i'm using;

Logic Pro 10.7.1

MacBook Pro 15'' 2015

2.2 GHz Quad i7

my problem is,

the automation on Remix FX (specifically on the filter) doesn't play back after re opening the project.

To be accurate, it will play back for the first few times you hit stop/start then just stops having any effect. You can still see the light whizzing about on the Remix FX plugin and the automation is also viewable on the arrange page BUT you don't hear any of it anymore.

Does this make sense to any of you guys?

Thanks ;)

Yes, RemixFX on a track with automation doesn't work after you open the project but stop/play after once in my setup.

But I found another way.

Put RemixFX on a BUS, then create an AUX for that BUS so you can put automation.

On the track you want to "RemixFX", either use a Send BUS or set the output to the BUS.

Once I did this, I open a project, pressed play/stop/play/stop/play/stop/play/stop/play/stop, etc... and it played with the automation everytime.

I Closed the project and opened it again and play/stop, etc... and it's still working.

One advantage of this way is in case you have several tracks that you wanted to apply the same RemixFX automation, this would be the way to go.

BusCreateAux.thumb.png.bfbbe1d0d8843875e16e49fc1b34d25b.png

• 2 weeks later...
Having the same problem with it, the sound basically just stops working when you use a specific effect for long enough, not just filter. A stop/start or a project close/open seems to break it. Sometimes closing Logic entirely and reopening seems to work but not really a workable solution and doesn't always work. Can anyone recommend any plugins that has similar features, especially the tape stop and repeater effects?

• 1 year later...

It seems the automations appear not to work if you don't explicitly turn the Remix FX Filter On in the Automation Lane. Same for other FX. Each on has an explicit On / Off automation.  I found you have to actually draw it in to make it stay ON.

Once I did this I stopped losing the automation.

Hope that helps someone else.

RemixFX.png

Edited by OuterEdge
Clarification and add screenshot