How do I conform my music to the beat?

Palimpsest9

Is there a simple/easy way to conform my project to the beat in order (to add beat sequences, etc.)? I made a song jamming freely on my MIDI keyboard, and added other instruments without paying heed to the beat. The music is rather long (5 minutes) and convoluted and doing music this way the tempo might very between the beginning and the end of the song, so using 'quantize notes' would entail huge work.

You can get acquainted with Logic's Smart Tempo feature:

https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro/smart-tempo-lgcp4e829ea1/mac

Thanks for the link! It's been a year or two since I've looked into Smart Tempo; I used it for recored drum beats but haven't used it for a longer piece of music. I guess I'll be delving deeper into it now.

If Smart Tempo doesn't work, or you don't have time to delve into it, an alternative is to use Beat Mapping to map each bar number and, if you want, beat number (you can even map smaller divisions if necessary) to the MIDI notes in your free jam. It will take a bit of time going through the entire 5 minute sequence but once that's done you'll have a tempo track that reflects the tempo changes you played when you originally played the piece.

Let us know if you need help once you start working with either of those methods.

If Smart Tempo doesn't work, or you don't have time to delve into it, an alternative is to use Beat Mapping to map each bar number and, if you want, beat number (you can even map smaller divisions if necessary) to the MIDI notes in your free jam. It will take a bit of time going through the entire 5 minute sequence but once that's done you'll have a tempo track that reflects the tempo changes you played when you originally played the piece.

Let us know if you need help once you start working with either of those methods.

Thanks David!