Copy Selection to Live Loops for MIDI

danielh002
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

If I select a portion of audio in a clip in the tracks view, I have the option to "Copy marquee selection to Live Loops".

Can I do the same with MIDI? I want to select a group of MIDI notes and create a new Live Loop from that selection only. I tried using the command shortcut (CMD+HOME) but that copies the entire MIDI region to a Live Loop, ignoring your selection.

Thanks!

Dan

Are you selecting part of the MIDI region (containing the targeted notes) or are you trying selecting from the Piano Roll editor?

I was actually selecting MIDI notes from the MIDI editor. Per your question, I tried using the marquee tool in the region in the track view, and that does give me the option to create a Live Loop. It's a little less exact selecting from the region as opposed to the editor, but at least it's a work-around.

Thanks so much for your help.

Dan

• Solution

There are different ways to perform a selection in the track area.

Also the Marquee selection could be fine tuned by doing one of the following:

• Using the Marquee tool:
    • -Press and hold Shift, then click in the Tracks area to change the selection in any direction.
      -Shift-click inside a selection to move the selection end closest to the pointer.
      -Option-Shift-click inside a selection to move the selection end farther from the pointer.

• Using any marquee selection:
    • -Press and hold Shift while using the Left Arrow key or Right Arrow key to move the marquee start point.
      -You can also use the Toggle Previous Region/Cell/Event or Move Marquee Start to Previous Transient key commands, depending on the type of region selected.
      -Use the Left Arrow key or Right Arrow key to change the selection end points.
      -You can also use the Select Previous Region/Cell/Event or Move Marquee End to Previous Transient key commands, depending on the type of region selected.

• You can access Logic Pro key commands in the
Key Commands window.