iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

1 TB Flash Storage

Big Sur 11.6

Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Samsung X5 1TB

Whilst in Logic 10.7 I began Recording a Live Loops performance to the Track area. This was in the ‘’Spatial Audio Demo Grid’’, the track: New Frontier. After a while the Recorded Live Loops Performance loses its fidelity and eventually begins to deteriorate throughout the 16 bar song (little extraneous static noises here and there), until finally, the beginning of the Recording will start with a very pronounced static/clipping noise - EVERYTIME I start the song - and I can’t seem to get rid of it! However, when the song plays through its 16 bar loop and repeats, this ‘static clipping noise’ is not heard.

The only time this ‘static clipping noise’ can be heard is when you START the song! I stop the song, I start the song and I get intermittent static/clipping noise EVERYTIME! When it loops back after 16 bars, the noise is not present and cannot be heard. It seems to be ok when looping!

Sometimes the sound will cut out completely, i.e.: the Playhead is moving but there is no sound present within Logic (it has done this eleven times now!), so I turn it off and load the 'saved song' up again and... press play... and the static noise is STILL there. The thing is: it worked okay for a while this morning!

I have tried everything, you name I have done it ALL. I even connected the Headphones to the back of my iMac - and this noise is still present - so it’s not the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6.

I haven’t tried to Record the other 12 Live Loops yet - but I have a feeling that this will produce exactly the same results!

I’m having nothing but PROBLEMS with this update. I never had one problem at all with Logic 10.6.3 - NOT ONE - and now all this crap!

I tell you now, I’m not happy with this fiasco. It seems to me like the Apple Devs have rushed everything. More haste less speed, is the term that comes to my mind!

You know… it just seems so wrong that Apple have incorporated all these fantastic gizmos within Logic 10.7 - and yet nothing is working correctly!!

Waiting around for updates all the bloody time - they're taking the piss! :(