Logic Pro 10.7 Released

David Nahmani

Just got an audio overload error listening to the Spacial Audio Demo project loops grid. Not sure if my 2014 Macbook Pro just can't handle it, or if it's my audio interface. My headphones should be capable. I'll test with another audio interface to see if I get the error again. Maybe turn on and watch Activity Monitor too.

Anybody else have this issue?

I have been doing tests/work with atmos and derivatives. For post-production, with a proper 7.1.4 setup, it is great for sfx, atmos etc.

But my tests with binaural on headphones are much less convincing. All the elaborate panning sounds like LR shifts. I have no sense of up/down, and front/back is also vague. This is not a Logic problem, binaural in general does not work very well for me.

Is there anyone who has experience with a properly implemented head/ear transfer function? That should make it much more real.

I don't see mainstream acceptance of this format, unless binaural is spectacular(maybe with Apple earbuds?), which it isn't. Also, I have a hard time seeing any advantages for pop music. Or most classical or jazz, for that matter.

Podcasts, audiobooks, videos, art installations can benefit from immersive audio, but music... I don't know.

Hi all, new forum member here and new user to Logic Pro. I just downloaded Logic Pro a few days ago, which I understand just received an upgrade, for the first time and I saw David has an Apple Training series book on Amazon for Logic Pro X 10.5. Would that edition still be okay to go through for a first-time user (with little DAW experience to begin with) or should I wait for a newer edition? Thanks for your help and my apologies if I'm asking this question in the wrong place on the forum.

Hi all, new forum member here and new user to Logic Pro. I just downloaded Logic Pro a few days ago, which I understand just received an upgrade, for the first time and I saw David has an Apple Training series book on Amazon for Logic Pro X 10.5. Would that edition still be okay to go through for a first-time user (with little DAW experience to begin with) or should I wait for a newer edition? Thanks for your help and my apologies if I'm asking this question in the wrong place on the forum.
The material covered in David latest book (v.10.5) is still relevant although it doesn't cover features that had been implemented since. David would normally be the best to give you an answer about its next edition...

The material covered in David latest book (v.10.5) is still relevant although it doesn't cover features that had been implemented since. David would normally be the best to give you an answer about its next edition...

Sounds good. Thanks!

Hi!

Found this about Stream Deck. Hope this helps!

https://freepctech.com/gaming/how-to-stop-steam-from-opening-on-startup/

Oh sorry, it’s for Steam Deck rather than Stream Deck . I’ll let you know if I find something for Stream Deck.

Update: Ok, for something called Stream Deck, it should be the same method.

So you can delete "com.elgato.StreamDeck.plist" from: /Library/LaunchAgents

or try this in the terminal: sudo defaults write Library/LaunchAgents/com.elgato.StreamDeck.plist RunAtLoad -boolean false

Thanks! I'll have to give that a shot.

Update in the App Store! :)

New in Logic Pro 10.7.1

Stability and reliability

• Fixes an issue where projects containing Slate plug-ins could hang when loading.

• Fixes an issue where certain projects appear to cause Logic to hang when they are opened.

• Fixes an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when selecting channels in multi-mono mode.

• Logic no longer quits unexpectedly when dragging an audio file to Quick Sampler or enabling Flex Pitch if the Logic application has been renamed and the system is set to a language other than English.

• Resolves an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when converting certain stereo projects to Spatial Audio.

• Fixes an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when moving a region from an active to an inactive Track Alternative.

• Logic no longer quits unexpectedly when converting the surround bed mode when converting a project to Spatial Audio.

Performance

• Opening or closing a Track Stack no longer causes audio dropouts when playing a Spatial Audio project.

Spatial Audio

• The Dolby Atmos plug-in now shows the top channels after the bed track format is changed to 5.1 or 7.1.

• Changing the surround bed format of a project to 5.1 or 7.1 no longer affects the format for plug-ins placed after the Dolby Atmos plug-in

Flex Pitch and Flex Time

• The Pitch Correction slider in the Audio Track Editor now works on selected Flex Pitch notes in a region.

Content

• Certain Ultrabeat kits no longer trigger a dialog indicating samples need to be downloaded each time they are chosen, in cases where the Sound Library has been relocated.

• Search results now remain visible when navigating among found items in the Sound Library.

Automation

• Volume no longer prematurely drops to -∞ within very long volume automation curves.

Export

• Resolves and issue where the last audio file in a project created from an imported ADM file could be silent when exported as a new ADM file.

Control surfaces and MIDI controllers

• Modes in the Controller Assignments window can now be renamed as expected.

Score

• Rests that were manually created in earlier version of Logic no longer show as note events in Logic Pro 10.7.X.

Environment

• All Touch Tracks trigger modes now work reliably.

General

• Copying a Marquee selection to the Clipboard no longer leaves the original selection divided at the Marquee borders.

• Characters after a “.” in template names are no longer cut off.

Source: Release notes (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718)

I've tried restarting, but not able to move or copy a region by dragging

What input device are you using? Mouse? Trackpad? 3rd party or Apple branded? Any issues outside of Logic?

Another test which is really much faster to try than it sounds: in your system preferences, create a new user account, and try again there to see if it works as expected there?

And thank you very much for being so incredibly quick to help out. You're the best moderator on any forum!

Haha thanks I appreciate it. :)

Well perhaps it was your Snap setting preventing you from making the movement you were trying to make? Like for example if you're trying to snap to the Bar but moving by only one or two beats.. that has happened to me before.

But any case good to hear you're sorted now.

Hello

Sorry if this has been covered..But is there a reason the app store won't show 10.7 update ?

I'm running 10.15.7 Mac OS & LPX 10.6.3

signed in with my Apple ID & looked @ all the stuff I paid for and its there..But just says open

Thanks

you need at least big sur to run LP 10.7...

ok thank you

The release notes posted won’t show a Remix FX related thing I had in more than one project: for eg. the filter+reso x/y pad works, draws automation (in touch mode) plays it back correct until at some point it doesn’t: Logic fails to follow the automation, no change in the sound, like it was just dry. If you duplicate the track, drag the audio + automation on the new track, it works again, until it doesn’t again. Sometimes saving and reopening the project works, often not. It also won’t bounce it correct when it stops working.