Record from same position

extrememixing

How do I get Logic to start playback from the same position when I'm recording? It works for playback by selecting playback from last locate position. Can I get it to respond that same way when I'm recording? I can use the loop and auto punch in but I'd love to be able to just stop playback/record and go again without entering the location.

Thanks,

Steve

I found the Record/Record Repeat button command. It seems to be a bit intermittent but closer to what I want. I can select a one bar count in and then and hit R and it usually works, but not every time. If I press the space bar to stop and hit R, it always starts with a one bar count in from where playback/recording stoped.

Steve

I'm not trying to change the way Logic works, just trying to understand more clearly how to train myself to work in the way that Logic expects me to... I am most comfortable with Pro Tools, but I have a film project to write for and I sure like the way logic sounds and the instruments are amazing. Just want to record vocals and real instruments without losing so much work and so many good takes... Any advice or workflow recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks Triplets. That's very helpful! Is there anyway to make the pre-roll and count off work like in Pro Tools, so that it's actually recording during the pre roll and can be pealed back? Your method is working and is much less frustrating than having to type the location again to record. If I lose a breath or a pick up, that's okay I guess. I know that sometimes it does record during count off, but not in Take record. Maybe I should use track alternates?

I usually don't have the time during a session to work this stuff out. I just have to make something work and move on through the day.

By the way, if anyone has pro tools questions I'm happy to help. I know it quite well. But the sounds in Logic have me wanting to use it more and more.

Thanks again.

Steve