Track/Region Colors Changing Automatically From MusicXML Import

lookatthisguy

Hey all,

This is a really niche question but I thought it might be worth asking if there's a workaround. I have a score I did in Finale about a year and a half ago, from a time when I wasn't as clever about my score design/formatting. Long story short there, I have several staves that are labeled simply "1", "2", "3", etc. I exported the score as a MusicXML file and threw that into Logic to work on a mockup, but when I go to color-code my tracks, each track with a matching name from above takes the same color. For example, if I make Flute 1 yellow, all the first parts (all previously named simply "1") take the same color. Hitting undo only works on the selected track; other tracks maintain the color change. This may be a shortcoming of MusicXML translation, or it could be a very specific Logic bug, but for the time being, does anyone know of a way to disassociate these tracks from one another? It's not a total loss—things will go into summing stacks anyway, so I'll be able to color-code those—but it would be nice to fix this if possible. Thanks!

Well, no, that took a turn but I think I figured out the "why" of it. Opened the mixer to start assigning sample instruments and it turns out that there are way less channels than there should be. Looks like all the matching "1"s, "2"s, and "3"s were created as multiple tracks with the same instrument, so I guess I'll be creating new tracks for all the effected "players". Glad I only did this staff naming concept on a couple scores and that I figured out how to do it better—less work to fix if I ever need to do a mockup of those.