Track Pause Times on albums ???

Pianoworldstage

Hi

When deciding on a 2 second pause time between tracks on an album, what would be the most proficient or standard way of doing this? I'm thinking 1 second at the end of each track and 1 second at the beginning of each track?

For if the full 2 seconds are applied at the end of each track this will still render a 2 second pause between each track, but when individual tracks are ripped from the album the begining of those tracks will start immediately as soon as the play button is pressed, therefore would 1 second at the begining and 1 second at the end of each consecutive track be the correct thing to do?

where is this going? spotify etc? or a cd??? makes a difference, but either way, i'd add 2 seconds at the end of tracks (if you must do this), and never a blank second at the start of a song.

what about people who play in shuffle? or don't listen to a certain song? no one should have to wait a second for a song to start.

just my 2 seconds I MEAN 2 cents! :mrgreen:

where is this going? spotify etc? or a cd??? makes a difference.

What difference would that be ?

there's no reason anyone streaming a song should expect a second of silence before the audio starts. imagine someone scrolling thru songs in a playlist, and one of yours pops up. and it's silent, so that person clicks the 'next button', and never hears your song.

no one does it, and there's no reason to do it (on a cd either). if you allow that people may play things at random, or skip a song... let them hear the song, and if you must put blank space, put it at the end of songs; if someone gets restless, they can easily, again, hit the 'next' button.

EDIT: to which i'll add... if you disagree, or want to put empty space at the start of a song, that's your prerogative. do what makes sense to you (but at least consider what i've suggested).

EDIT EDIT: you should do what you want, i doubt 1 second before or after a song will wreak havoc on the world; i've definitely added space at the end of songs, to separate that one from the next. but music listening is a free-for-all; people shuffle albums, playlists... or shuffle CDs, loop one song, skip another. just go for it.

What difference would that be ?

Each platform handles gaps between songs differently. You don’t add silence to the individual song files. For example when burning a CD, the authoring software lets you determine the gaps between songs.

ha, exactly. have forgotten about that (lookatthisguy did mention it earlier); i haven't seen a CD in years. hope the OP lets us know what the goal actually is...