Key command to set project end point?

TimeForMusic

I'm assuming this doesn't exist, but I just want to triple check - is there a key command to set the project end point (the final black bar at the right of your project's main window) to the playhead?

The only options I know of are manually dragging the bar with the mouse, or adjusting the value in the LCD's numerical Project End display.

Let me preface this next question with, I understand that we all have different workflows and ways to work in Logic. I'm wondering what you use the project end marker for? You're not the first Logic user asking questions about it, why it gets moved, or how to move it back etc.

My project end marker usually stays wherever Logic wants to put it and when Logic decides to move it I rarely even notice it. I suppose if in a new Logic version they were to do away with the project end marker I wouldn't even notice it.

Let me preface this next question with, I understand that we all have different workflows and ways to work in Logic. I'm wondering what you use the project end marker for?

Right - completely understandable. I've lately found it rather useful with imported video actually. If I'm scoring just a segment, it's nice to have the project end point as a nice wall to keep logic from playing (or, exporting!) past the scene in question. Obviously things like exporting can be achieved with the cycle locators (maybe snapped to a pre-detemrined marker denoting your export range) but that's sometimes ticky since your locators are never 'fixed' per se - they may get dragged around or you reset them to loop just a few bars, then have to set them back across your whole project for the export.

It's also just visually nice to be able to zoom way out, and see your work clipped and focused with the 'dead space' of the project blacked out by the end point divider. It's nice feeling a little more 'boxed in' actually so as not to give my mind the perception that there could be regions way off yonder I'm not seeing or keeping track of.

In short: It's practical for me in 'stopping' my project where it needs to be stopped. Just feels like an extra satisfying step to good organization, even if it truly makes little impact for most.